River 5/12.

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA RIVERS TALK' started by bluehunter, May 20, 2007.

1. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Went out on an overnight flat trip on the main river. Dale went to his spot, keith went south on the River, and I went to mines north on the river. Decent trip overall as the flats are waking up and starting to bite. I had a lot of missed strikes due to my 7/0 hook, should have had a 9/0.

I got a 7 pounder, Dale got a 15 pounder, and keith had a nice stringer of flats and channels mixed.

They are biting now and I plan to be back out next weekend for a few days/nights. Tilapia did the trick for me. I ran out of bait from 16 tilapia, thats how good the bite was.

2. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Heres some pics peeps.

3. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Let me try this again.

Attached Files:

4. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Some more here.

Attached Files:

5. Vulture

Vulture New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    You guys did good this time. Outstanding! My turn next weekend. Sounds like I might have to load heavier line on my reels. Go from 20lb to 35lb. What do you guys think? Or should I stay at 20lbs.

6. tigger_tat_55

tigger_tat_55 New Member

State:
    cali
    sounds great,

guess i will have to truck My happy butt out the this weekend.

dale, blue hope to see you on the water!!

7. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I am also going this weekend. Sat and Sun. I am putting up to 40 on my reels. I was around some structure.

8. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    We will be there. Will see you out there.

9. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Tigger and Vulture if yall happen to be out there this weekend I will be out there. I was suppose to go with a someone from L.A on Sat night but he may not be able to make it. I was wanting to hit the main river. But if not I will be fishing a canal off HWY78 and maybe hit a spot off the main river from the bank the other night. It depends on my intuitions.I have a few spots in my mind. I will be out there two nights and come back Monday morning. If you want to holla hit me at 909-843-7315.