RITUALS

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by nycathunter, Aug 31, 2008.

1. nycathunter

nycathunter New Member

State:
    New York?
    not sure this has been brought up before but id like to hear some of the rituals people have went thru on there first deer or deer they have missed or any other deer hunting rituals on my first deer i had to eat a part of the loin raw. then when me or anyone im hunting with ever missed a deer everyone at camp or that is hunting with them that day gets to shoot there hat needless to say i like my deer meat rare an dont have to many holes in my hat :smile2:

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Miss a deer and you loose the (tail) of your favorite flannel shirt. My backs been cold how bout yours ?

3. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    I guess stuffing the critter in the freezer is about the only ritual I keep!:smile2:

4. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    That is weird, I keep that one too:wink::smile2:

5. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    off topic a little, but when baitfishing i never fill my bucket with water before i catch my first bream....

6. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    Every miss in our camp is a twelve pack. Then at the end of the season everyone pays up. We have a bbq and everyone enjoys the beer and the storys. Good times had by all:smile2:

7. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    The only ritual I have is to make sure none of it goes to waste.. I am so ready for some chilli and sausage..

8. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    This sounds corny but I always thank the deer for being there before I field dress it. I love the idea of a 12 pack or shooting your hat for a miss, or maybe let everyone else shoot your hat if you miss. If they cant hit a deer how they gonna hit a hat?

9. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    "He Who Misses Does the Dishes" is on the wall!

10. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I always say a little prayer thanking the good Lord for the opportunity to have the right to hunt his creatures!! :wink: