Rising Waters

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by MRR, Oct 19, 2007.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    This has got me stumped.Does anyone have any idea as to why the Mississippi River is on the rise again.Sure isn't cause of the rain we haven't had.Noticed last week that it was starting tp rise again and so far it still is.I know there is a lot of logs and trash coming down.Least wise past Louisiana anyway.

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    The Missouri should be contributing a pretty good chunk by now!

3. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    John is above the Missouri Doug. The rain we get doesnt make the river raise here John. It is what they get upriver that raises it for us. Of course the rain we get contributes.

4. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Hey bob how is the mo out Your way? it was a screwed up here earlier this week but is settling down now.

5. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Its supposed to crest tonight here at about 5 ft. below flood. It never had a lot of big drift wood this time. Really amazing. It is like chocolate milk but I did manage a couple of small ones yesterday. A 12 and an 8 were all I could come up with. Wind was really bad and supposed to be bad the next couple of days so I am staying home and getting ready for Memphis first weekend of November.

6. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Man I'd love to fish the Memphis tourney but will be out of town. There is going to be a TON of money on that thing. Best wishes on the tourney Bob and tight lines. Go represent the Missouri Boyz in style.

7. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    John, I was in Minneapolis all last week and it rained all day every day I was there. Pretty sure you guys are getting a bunch of water from WAAAY up north. I think it rained a ton the last couple of weeks up that way before I was there as well.

8. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Thanks Cuz. I am really looking forward to it. There is 100,000 cash and prizes. 30 teams pay out. Talked to them a couple of days ago and there is already over 100 boats. And some real good competition. I am praying for a really good run of luck. And a sponsor wouldnt hurt either.

9. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    Wow 100,000 who putting that one on Bob do they do that one ever year

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Bob will be going to fish the Ken Freemans End Of Year event. If you have ever fished in a Bass Pro Freemans event you are qualified to fish his Classic. Like Bob said, they are looking at over 100,000 dollars in prizes/cash. Its very encouraging to see the sport growing like this. I wish my friend Bob the very best of fortunes in Memphis..

11. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    If you had told me as little as 5 years ago, that we would be fishing a catfish tourny for that much money I would have laughed at you. Now I am going to do it. I am thankful for Bass Pro and All the work Ken Freeman has done to put our sport where it is today. The way I see it if I can finish in the top ten I will make money and gain a chance at a sponsorship. There is nothing I would like better than to go on the tournament trail. I just cant afford it on my own.

12. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I wish you the best of luck Bob. I know you will do Missouri proud!

13. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nail em Bob.. Tell Willie and his partner I said hi..

14. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    If I dont at least place it will not be for lack of effort. I will try to do for Missouri what the football team is doing.

15. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Good Luck BOB! Hope you weigh in some heavy ones!

16. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    Does bass pro freeman have a web page I like to check this bad boy out

17. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Had no idea! Never heard of that tourney,

Best of luck to ya Bob!!! Go get 'em!! I think it's pretty cool that you get to even go! My goal is to someday get to fish a tourney of that magnitude!

Way cool, Good luck Bob!!

Right, Mizzou smoked the RedRaiders today!!!!

18. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    It wont let me post a link to his website for some crazy reason. Probably because he's not a boc sponsor. I'll pm it to you Doug.

19. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Best of luck Bob down in Memphis. And Bob I really hope that you are refering to our Missouri Tigers and not the (Great RAMS Team):roll_eyes:.
    Have fun,be safe and catch a biggin.

20. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Not the Rams. Even I have given up on the Rams this year. I dont see any reason for hope.