Rising water

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by MRR, Aug 21, 2007.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Were about to dry up and blow away where I live ,however the good ol Mississippi is on the rise once again. Lots of rain in Minn and Wisc is the cause. By Sunday it's suppose to be at 24 ft at the Clarksville and Winfield Dams. Fish ought to be bitting with the water coming up. They say it's on the rise at about 2 ft a day.Lot of water. Be careful out there on those waters.

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Thx for the headsup John. Quick rise usually has a big bite associated with it. Yall be carefull out there. Alot of stuff will be floating.

3. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I know how good old Cuz done the last time you guys had a fast rise on the big river. Right now he has probably got his flaps down and his landing gear dropped. LOL
    :smile2:

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    He does indeed, however he has 3 more days of flaps and gear. :confused2: I'm bummed to miss this rise thats for sure. Cant catch all the great conditions though. I'll be out there real soon. :wink:

5. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    The Bite will be over with by then. LOL:smile2:

6. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I'm hoping I don't miss this rise, but I'm gonna be out tomorrow and Friday. Looks the the river levels have come up about a foot overnight. Time for me to get out there and redeem myself!!:smile2::smile2:

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Don't think your gonna have to worry about missing out on all the good conditions. From what I have been told by 1 week from tomorrow it's suppose to be at 32 ft. We'll see. Thats a lot of water coming down from Minn. Stange this time of the year.

8. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    not for sure how strange that is 15 to 20 years ago we always got a fall flood used to back up in mudlick thats when all the good duck hunting was around

9. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Your due Gary, good luck out there buddy. I'll be below the Alton Friday morning, taking an old catfisherman out who's not fished for big blues before. Maybe we'll see ya out there.

10. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Since Cuz is in the air, I'm sneaking into one of his honey holes tomorrow night....Oops....did I say that out loud??:smile2::smile2: I am thinking about heading up to Alton maybe Friday. Do you know if the ramp at the dam is usable being the water is coming up? I'm not real familiar with any other ramp up that way.

11. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    I'm going to be below the alton lock Friday night too. It'll be my first time on the river below the dam. First time on the river at night. And we're going to lock through also. So that'll be my first time locking through a lock and dam. Wish me luck. :confident: I'm planning on using the alton marina ramp under the clark bridge. How is the river while it's rapidly rising? Any new dangers I'm not aware of? I'm counting on there being a lot of debris in the water.

Dan

12. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    There will probably be some floating debris. This will be anything from trees to refrigerators. Just take it easy till you see what you got. You will be allright.

13. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Thats funny but true!:smile2:

14. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Water level is in great shape for ramping below the dam. There was that one dip period that lasted just a couple of days. Gary, you going in the morning or evening? Seems like the big boys have been biting more actively after midnight. Either time is great right now though, they have been prefering large strips of asian carp. Let us know how you do...

15. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Those of you are below us here in Iowa please be careful!!! Parts of Iowa have received more rain than the flood of 93 the des moines river is raging and will make it your way so please be careful!!!!

16. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Ah, huh, hmmm, oooooooh, I don't feeeel tooo goood. I think I may be tooo sick to go to work. Then again, I don't want my family to catch whatever this is, I better not stay at home around them. Hmmmm, where to go? Where to go?

Did somebody say friday morning below the Alton Dam?

17. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    Kutter.

Come in, Kutter. Over.

Urgent communication required.
    Severe strain of unknown plague detected.
    May be too late for you already.

Be advised, known countermeasures include scales of any kind, shad, mooneye/goldeye, skipjack, or close contact with bloody asian carp chunks, lots of lead, and 8/0 Gamakatsu Circle Hooks.

Again, it is imperative that you must immediately expose yourself (WHATAREYOUDOING? FINISH READING THE SENTENCE FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!) to these items to prevent further symptoms. Recommended dosage includes 12 hours or more exposure (WHAT DID I TELL YOU THE FIRST TIME, STOP IT OR YOU'LL GET SUNBURNED!) with regular hydration.

Over and out.

18. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    You guys are too much. I think I'll just hit the nail on the head.

Kutter, GO FISHING. Its the only know cure. :smile2:

19. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Now Mr Gary, you dont truly think Cuz gave away his best honey holes do ya? I gave you a good place you might find a 20-40 pounder, but I surely didnt give ya the ones where I find the MacDaddy Hogs. :smile2: Cuz aint that dumb, even though I've been known to 'run a little low on the gas'. :embarassed:Maybe, and thats a big maybe, I might be inclined to show ya a spot or two. Good holes stay good holes when you only hit em a couple times a year, and then only if there isnt anyone else out on the river to see you on the spot. :wink: The one hole i gave you though, should produce on a rising river as the fish just might be heading for that 'tributary' HINT HINT

20. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    OK, I get you HINT..HINT..You probably already know where I am heading today....to one of MY honey holes, one in fact that I haven't been to yet this year. I was off work last night due to a power outage, but they neglected to call me until 11:00 last night instead of about 7 when the power went out. If I would've been informed earlier you can bet you a## that I wouldn't been out last night too!!