Rising Missouri River

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by catfeveriowa, Aug 24, 2007.

1. catfeveriowa

catfeveriowa New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs Iowa
    Just thouht I let you guys down river know that the river is over the dikes up here in Omaha area, especially you guys doing the Aug. 25 contest at Kaw Point. I'am thinking by the time the water gets there should be some really good fishing!!! Well tight lines everybody and be careful.

2. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the heads up Billy. It hasn't done anything from Waverly to KC. yet but I see It is on the rage @ St. Joe. (Five foot rise and still going).
    Good Luck everyone and most of all Be Safe.
    Duck

3. roughneckcatman

roughneckcatman New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Missouri
    When i came to work at 6 45 in St.Joseph this morning the river was already full of trees and debris so anybody heading out be careful!!:crazy:

4. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
  5. duck_killr

duck_killr New Member

State:
    il
    How long before the water hits boonville? I am planning to fish Sat. Aug. 25. River watch said It wouldn't rise Down there till Later Sunday. They are predicting about a foot rise tomarrow. Hope that is correct. If any one has any info let me know

6. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    When I checked this am we were still falling. But it is raining cats and dogs now so it may change by morn. it takes about 2 days for the water to get to Hermann from KC. I am putting in at St. Charles in the am. I think it will still be falling unless we get a lot of rain around Columbia and that area. Thanks for the heads up.

7. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Well now they are showing an 8 ft. rise from Sunday nite to Wed. Go figure. They are still showing a slow fall till Sunday though.

8. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I don't know about the Missouri, but the Mississippi rose about 2 ft through the night at Alton. I was told that it had rose by a bit more than a foot by the time I got there at 4 am, and the 4 hours I was there, it rose almost a foot.

9. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I dont know about the Missou river cause the rain we got will head for the Mississippi . I talked to a friend this morning who said water was within a foot of going over RR Tracks North of Ottumwa. He said this was the highest water he had ever seen. Might take a couple of days to get to the grand ole lady but she is coming.