Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading some posts with some discussion about
the Rippin Lips Medium and Medium Heavy Rods having a difference in the Guide's/Eyelet's I thought i might post a side by side comparision photo for anyone that has not seen both side by side.

I hope this helps !
Red Material property Pen Metal Office supplies

Premium Member
Fate, I had heard some comment about the difference but had not seen the side by side comparison. One being for 25 pound fish and less and the other being for 25 pound fish and over, I guess the differences make sense.

Thanks for taking the time to post this.

tight lines

Registered
The thing is, even though they look different it really doesn't make any difference. I have fished and fished with the Medium and have never broken an eyelet. They are different rods for different fish yet I have seen so many people go with the MH over the M because of the eyelets. In the end they purchased the wrong rod for what they needed over a cosmetic issue.

Premium Member
The thing is, even though they look different it really doesn't make any difference. I have fished and fished with the Medium and have never broken an eyelet. They are different rods for different fish yet I have seen so many people go with the MH over the M because of the eyelets. In the end they purchased the wrong rod for what they needed over a cosmetic issue.
Agree totally CaptBrad. I have never heard a complaint about the Medium rod not doing a good job at what it was built for. And if you get a MH rod because the eye design looks a little healthier, you will end up with the incorrect rod for the size fish you are after.

Registered
After reading some posts with some discussion about
the Rippin Lips Medium and Medium Heavy Rods having a difference in the Guide's/Eyelet's I thought i might post a side by side comparision photo for anyone that has not seen both side by side.

I hope this helps !
View attachment 278607
I own both rods and can say that they are both quality products for the price. The medium heavy works well in none to moderate current, the action is a little soft for my liking. I bought the medium in hopes of making it my channel cat setup. It performed well, but I have settled on another rod for that purpose.

All that said for Rippin Lips, I love my TWC extremes and believe them to be the best big catfish rod on the market.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts