Ripped Off

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Randync, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Randync

Randync Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Decided to take the kids fishing today. I usually keep my poles in the trunk of the car. The kids had taken them out and put them in my van to make room for groceries in the car. They didn't lock the van so yall know where Im headed. All the rods and reels got stolen. Nothing too expensive except the bait caster I got for fathers day. I never learned to cast it anyway. But the scumbags also got my old school Zebco 33 that was my favorite reel. Also got 7 or 8 Zebco 202's and 404's that belonged to the kids. The only one they didn't get was a 9 foot fly rod that belonged to my dad.There is a special place in hell for somebody that would steal a kids fishing pole.
    It was almost funny, the kids went into a frenzy and found enough old poles and reels and put em together so we could go tonight. Im going to miss that old 33 though.

2. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    had mine stolen too...if ya need anyting please pm me and i'll see what i can get ya...brothers take care of brothers

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That sucks brother, I hope they catch those scumbags.

4. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Man I hate thieves. Give me a PM bro if you need any help. Keep those kids fishing.

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

that's tough luck brother.

6. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    That really sucks man. I haven't had anything stolen yet, and I hope it stays that way.

7. swampthang_matt

swampthang_matt New Member

State:
    georgia
    that sucks man but you might get them

8. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Thats too bad bro - im glad they didn't stop you from fishing soon after. Those thieves will get theirs...

9. Fishing Fred

Fishing Fred New Member

State:
    Lillington, N.C
    I really feel for you. I know the feeling, have lost one chain saw and two lawn mowers in the past three months. I know what my stuff was traded for and about where it went. Wonder how much stuff they got when they traded yours ? Calling the cops here for a thief or breaking and entering is a waste of time unless you need a police report for your insurance . Most of time the cops ask if you have homeowners and that is it. So much stolen property now they can't look for it anymore.

10. Randync

Randync Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I got a good idea who did it. There are some kids around here who get their jollies by stealing and destroying property. Ill just learn to keep better care of my stuff. Im almost glad to be rid of the baitcaster due to my lack of skill with it lol. We already got myself and the kids other rod and reels to use. Thank Goodness my tackle box was in the house though, that would have really ticked me off.

11. arky

arky Well-Known Member

State:
    kansas
    sorry to hear about your stuff. i had over 2000 thousand dollars worth of stuff stolen out of my bass boat about 4 years ago still haven't fully recovered from that little incident. Don't know how anyone could still another mans fishing equipment?

12. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger New Member

State:
    Gretna, Va
    yea man im sorry to hear that, its a shame people feel the need to take stuff that doesnt belong to them, since ive lived in my apartments in Spring Lake ive had my tool box broken into and over $300 worth of tools stolen, my truck was broken into and they got my Alpine CD player, when i bring the boat in on a late nite and park it, no matter how late it is I always take the time to pack all my crap upstairs and put in the spare bedroom, also have a lock for the boat trailer so hopefully nobody will decide to hook to it and drive away. Id love to catch somebody doin it, poppin off my 12 gauge from the top deck of my apartments would definately get some attn...:big_smile:

13. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Randy,Sorry to hear about your poles getting stolen. Hopefully someone will catch them ^$@#&%$()(ches

14. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Man that really sucks!! I believe that thievery is as low as a person can go in life. If you can't afford to buy it then you don't need it. Sorry for your losses.

15. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Well a fisherman wouldn't steal another fisherman's equipment for the most part I am sure, but a methhead or heroin freak or someone like that, thier drugs are their fishing equipment and that's all they care about. My best friends youngest son it that way. He is very intelligent and super hyper, then when he does his heroin thing he's going nine-hundred miles and hour and gets in trouble. He's been to the bighouse once and will probably be there again. Bad thing he has one little boy and another on the way, but then the wife is one also, only worse.

16. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    That really is wrong, like most people here know, I absolutely HATE thieves, had a lot of stuff stolen from me. If I do ever catch somebody stealing from me or my family, well lets just say it won't be pretty......:eek:oooh:

17. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I think they should be tied close to the anchor and dragged behind a big boat until they drink the river dry.

18. Randync

Randync Member

State:
    North Carolina
    In a rather shocking turn of events, all my poles turned up again. Now Im thinking some kids did it, and either got scared because my kids were asking around about them, or felt guilty, or posibly just went fishing and returned them.

19. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Sorry to hear that man .
    Brian

20. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hey Fishing Fred, sounds like the local law enforcement needs some motivation to crack down on the stealing. You can go to the sheriff and tell him to crack down or you will organize a bunch of voters to vote him out of a job next election. You can organize through churches, homeowners associations or other groups. It's really not that hard to do since Lillington isn't a huge place.