Ripley-New Richmond ramp info

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Slatebar, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    A friend and I will be headed to the New Richmond / Ripley area of the Ohio later this week and need some info. Can anyone please give us directions to public boat ramps in those areas. Also how is that area for vandalism and crime at the ramps.

2. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Been to the New Richmond Ramp once. Its a nice ramp, its public so there is no fee. Did not seem like a bad area really. I mean its not that well lighted where you park and its gravel/grass/mud. It can be a little rough in areas where you park your trailer and truck due to ruts and some holes from when people were there when it was wet. All in all its a pretty good launch point, just lock up your stuff like always and put valuables away just like always.....and should be no problems. To get there, im not sure where you are coming from, but its off of 52, i think there are signs to it, but if not it shouldnt be hard to find, New Richmond isnt really big. Although i think one of the streets to get to the ramp may be one way. Hope this helps a little, if you have any questions ask, or get in touch with BOC member T bull, he has launched from New Richmond more than i have. :big_smile:

3. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    john in new richmond there is a ramp depends where you are coming from i think there is a speedway gas station at the light but been four years since i lived in ohio

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Depending on what direction you are coming from, from 275 you would take rt 52 towards New Richmond, hang a right once you see the speedway, follow it straight unit you have to turn left, hang a left and keep going, road basically ends at the ramp. The ramp itself is on Augusta St. Good luck!:wink:

5. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    OK, thanks folks for the info. This will probably be a one time trip only thing. Neither of us have ever fished that part of the Ohio and decided we will probably give it a try later this week. Again, thanks for the info.

6. cdog

cdog New Member

State:
    ohio
    there is another ramp in moscow which is a little farther east on st rt 52 , depending on how far you want to go upstream in your boat. there is alot of river between those two areas you were wanting to try. another area which is closer to ripley that is free is in higginsport which is also on 52 in at the white oak creek ramp. remember if you want to fish farther east and you put in at new richmond you might have to go through the locks at meldahl dam. good luck,I hope this was helpful.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009