RIP Splash

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by flannelman, Mar 28, 2006.

1. flannelman

flannelman New Member

I just read an article that Splash, the 121 lb world record Blue Catfish has died.:crying: Id love to have been on the fighting end of that big ol' cat.

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah he died a while back now. Is kinda sad.

3. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ive seen that article, thats sad to see, but man those fish that are that big have to of been alive for a while and have to be fragile. At least someone didnt catch it and try to eat it and just waste it. Im glad people got to see it and see their amazing size and qualities of these amazing fish.

4. TNcat

TNcat New Member

State:
    TN
    I agree with you Rob,and I sure hate to hear that about Splash. I remember when I heard that Splash had been caught I was pumped. And I wish I had a dollar for everytime I have been setting there fishing and imagine of setting the hook and it be a fish like splash.

5. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    you make me laugh so much. yeah i hate to see it waste away in a big tank for everbodies enjoyment.

6. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Well hear we go again.

7. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    no i'm not looking to argue but how is it that it is ok to keep a fish like that locked up and it's so wrong to eat a fish.

8. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    he was a big fish and old too.

9. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I think they should have let him go.

10. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    John it was at the Texas Parks and Wildlife fish hatchery. This fish made alot of folks young and old more aware of catfishing and Splash did some good for catfishing too. Splash lived in a huge pond and was fed well before passin' on.

11. TEAYSWRESTLER

TEAYSWRESTLER New Member

State:
    OHIO
    I agree with the whole catch and release thing but how mwny people would have got to enjoy seeing him if they had just ate him or just put him back its not like they were bein total A-holes.

12. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    check out the web site lots of info about what Texas is doing for fishing. This place is such a special place, if ya ever get down here to Texas go to Athens Texas and check it out. This link is to a small part of what Splash was all about. But it's also got lots of info and pics of the hatchery as well.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/visitorcenters/tffc/visit/virtualtour/splash/

Ok I correct myself in the earlier post. Splash lived in a 26,000 gallon aquarium.

13. Sinker

Sinker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    T-Bone let's don't miss the point. First of all This animal lived in a free state.
    He only was sentenced to live out the remainder of his life in a virtual jar.
    wishiwasfishin was only alluding to the remark about eating and waste.
    .....Batter UP!

14. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    yeah i guess if i was out walking down the street and the cops decide to throw me in jail i guess i could live out the rest of my life being well fed and get my exercise ruining around the yard.

15. Myname

Myname New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I agree. Put him back in the wild and let him support the gene pool as long as God, not man, will allow. Would you lock up the biggest man or woman you ever saw just so someone could gawk at him/her on display?

Have a nice day.

16. bestcatterindaNATI25

bestcatterindaNATI25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I hate to see something that big die.