Rip Paul Newman

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ulikedew, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN

2. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    He was one of the good guys.

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Wow, I hadn't heard. Yes, he was one of the good guys.
    Bill in SC

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Think my favorite has to be Cool Hand Luke. P.L.N. was one of the best. Like you said Rest In Peace. You've earned it.

5. winston61

winston61 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Next time you are in the video store ask if they have a copy of 'The Verdict'. Gosh, what a film. Newman powerhouse performance. Great story.

6. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I have had eating 50 hardboiled eggs on my to do list ever since I saw Cool Hand Luke.The only thing that has prevented me from making the attempt is the time it takes to make 50 HB eggs!!!!!!:big_smile:I think it can be done but I'm not sure the human quarantine necessary after the fact would be to pleasant!!!:eek:oooh:On the other hand that might drive the price of "Natural Gas"down some!!!No condolences necessary here,he was all man and lived his life his way.He also remained married to his wife for his entire hollywood career something that hardly gets done these days.WHen asked once if he ever cheated on Joanne he said"WHy would I go out and have hamburger when I have steak at home"?He will be missed but I choose to be happy that I made his aquaintance through his work than sad he is gone.:big_smile: