RIP Jerry Garcia...13 Years After...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishjohn, Aug 9, 2008.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Jerome John "Jerry" Garcia
    August 1, 1942 – August 9, 1995

Seems like just yesterday when I heard this news. Truly was a sad day. I've been a Grateful Dead Fan and Jerry G. Fan for many years and will be till the day I die. I was lucky enough to have seen many GD shows and Garcia was a Brilliant Guitarist, Singer and Person! I'm gonna kick back and pick a few shows out of the hundreds in my collection to listen to today. If you need me I'll be somewhere between Cali 1961 and Chicago 1995.....R.I.P. Jerry Garcia!

2. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    [youtubevid]gfGD94CchJU&feature=related[/youtubevid]

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i remember that..and one reporter that was at the funereal noticed that Jerry, oddly enough, didn't seem grateful.:wink:

4. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I like the line...." So many roads I know...All I want is Lord to lead me home..." I should use that as my motto.....

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thanks Mike for the video!!! I jammed to that song a little earlier from their last show ever as the Grateful Dead, 7-9-1995 Soldier Field, Chicago. I was supposed to have went to that show but had to miss it. I miss those days....Some of the best times of my life!!! Long Live Jerry & the Grateful Dead!!!:wink::big_smile:

BTW, I lost the info on how to post vids like that. I was gonna post a killer Stella Blue and forgot how to post them...:embarassed::confused2::smile2:

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
  7. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    " goin down th road feelin bad " would be my motto :big_smile: