Rip Cord arrow rest

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by kat buster, Jun 21, 2006.

1. kat buster

kat buster New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I had bought a $80 Rip Cord arrow rest for my High Country triple S. It was the worst by I have ever bought. Never by one mine broke with in 50 shots. The string that pulls the rest up into shooting position came out of the rest (not off the bow string). I strongly suggest to not by this bow rest. What if it had happen when I drew back on a animal and it failed. :choler:

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I think alot of that stuff is junk. I follow the KISS principal! Keep It Simple Stupid. The more bells and whistles you use, the better your chances of something going wrong. That's why I only use my compound just for targets anymore and hunt with a stick bow. I got tired of missing nice bucks because a site came loose, a rest fell off or something like that.

3. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I use a Whisker Bisket, It is a superb arrow rest! If you use the bisket then use feathers on your arrows, not vanes.

4. zmoon

zmoon New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Whats the difference between using vanes or feathers in the Whisker biscut........What makes them fly so much different in it?

5. KWSMITH

KWSMITH New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Please keep it simple I have used a kisser for many years and it hasnt failed me yet.

6. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I love my Ripcord, I haven't had any problems. I gained 3 fps by switching from the biscuit, and i tightened my groups up at 30yds and beyond. As far as vanes for the Whisker Biscuit, you want to use a stiff urethane vane like a Bohning. The softer vinyl vanes like dura-vanes will ripple and tear much easier than a stiff urethane vane. I use Blazers and they worked well in my biscuit. As long as you put a dab of glue on the leading edge you shouldn't have a problem with losing vanes.