RIP Chris Henry

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by pendog66, Dec 17, 2009.

1. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    Very sad day:sad2:, he was one of my favorite players and was just turning his life around. He will be missed

2. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It does'nt matter what he did in the past,this is a tragic and sad story..I've been reading a lot of places where folks are just saying some of the most awful things about the guy..He actually graduated from the same high school I graduated from...Sad,sad,sad...:sad2:

3. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I only have one personal memory of Chris Henry. I went to spring camp a few years back with a friend of the family and her 8 year old daughter. Her daughter was so excited to get some autographs (as was I) and after the practice we stood there waiting to get some. Most players walked right by and ignored us. There are only two that stick out in my mind from that day. Chad OchoCinco and Chris Henry. Chad signed as many as he could and joked with people. Morgan (the 8 year old) was on my shoulders and he stopped and signed her teddy bear but then moved on (thousands were screaming for him like he was a Beatle). Chris saw her, made eye contact, smiled and walked over. He introduced himself to her and took her Teddy Bear. He talked to her for about a minute, which was alot of time to take with one little girl. He then wrote a small note on her teddy bear and signed it.

The look on her face afterwards was priceless. All she could talk about was that great guy, Chris. It absolutely made her day, as well as mine. He was so nice, soft spoken, and genuinely caring. I know he had alot of problems but I still see him as a good guy that cared about people. He has since been one of my favorite players and I have rooted for him to turn his life around. It is very sad that it appears he finally was. RIP Chris and I bet you are running some go-routes from some HOF qb's right now and yelling WHO DEY after your scores!

4. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    Anyone else just get chills when they had the moment of silence for tonights game? RIP Chris Henry, you will be missed by many

5. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    That is a awesome story.

RIP

6. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    sad to hear of any one losing their life. he was always getting in trouble but seemed to straighten up in the past two years. but by the sounds of it he slipped back into that mode again if for just a day and it cost him dearly. RIP.

7. ut1trey

ut1trey New Member

State:
    Knoxville TN
    Thanks for sharing this story.
    RIP Chris

8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Thank you for sharing. Another very sad story an the price of life.

9. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Always sad when anyone goes he will be missed:sad2:

10. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Sad story. Hate to see the kids lose their father over two grown adults that couldn't work out their differneces. He will definitely be missed in the NFL.

11. Fletchhunter

Fletchhunter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    A sad day indeed, a very promissing young man. My prayers go out to his family