Rio Grande River - Anybody fishing It?

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by yellowcat8, Jan 11, 2006.

1. yellowcat8

yellowcat8 New Member

State:
    Texas
    have you fished....?

2. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    I fished the Rio Grande for years. North of Presidio, the river flow depends on what they are letting out of New Mexico and what the farmers are using. Year to year there is a big difference in flow. Below Presidio, some of it depends on the flow from
    Mexico, but it is always larger there. Black Gap WMA has some pretty good areas and from the Pecos high bridge up river can be great. I don't know what area you are wanting to know about, but catfishing can be great, always was for me, because I just forget the trips when it wasn't. I did have a friend come down from Corpus, I had bragged some, we only caught 3 for the weekend. Nearly forgot that. Would have,except he reminds me now and then. I don't know a thing about the river S of Del Rio.
    Jim

3. bigyella

bigyella New Member

State:
    Texas
    This is all I fish. What are you wanting to know? I fish eagle pass, high bridge, and sanderson area. Is the river flow you are after? Check out this site. http://www.ibwc.state.gov/wad/flowdata.htm After you have been a few times and compare this to your own data you will be able to figure the river level out.

4. bkgvirdell

bkgvirdell New Member

I fish the rio grande all the time. Where are you fishing the rio grande at. Maybe I can help you out.

5. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    Do either of you fish Amistad? I am trying to get down there this spring. I was planningto go to rough canyon, but up the Rio from the high bridge might work. Do any guiding, for yellows. I mostly catch channels around there.
    Jim

6. yellowcat8

yellowcat8 New Member

State:
    Texas
    i fish in eagle pass because i live there haha. well havent been on in a while thats why i havent responded but yea i fish the rio grande from eagle pass.