Rio Grande Report

Discussion in 'NEW MEXICO RIVER TALK' started by NewMexicoCatfisher, Jan 1, 2009.

1. NewMexicoCatfisher

NewMexicoCatfisher New Member

State:
    Alameda, New Mexico
    I haven't been fishing for a while but I hit the Rio Grande today. I landed about 10. Most were 1 or 2lbers but I managed to get a real nice blue about 6lbs. All of them were taken on 3-6inch creek chubs. I fished near the Alameda Diversion Dam.

Attached Files:

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    great way to start off the new year,Seth. Congrats .

3. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    I'm from the southwest and have fished the rio grande closer to el paso. i didn't realize there was such a nice dam out that river. congrats on the catches. what species does that stretch of the Grande does that hold?

4. PaCatfishHunter

PaCatfishHunter New Member

State:
    Greensburg, PA
    Is that dam new?? I use to live in Albuquerque and fished the Rio Grande all the time. I don't remember there being a dam there but it been about 10 years since I fish that part of the Rio Grande. I just don't remember it. Looks like a nice little setup.

5. NewMexicoCatfisher

State:
    Alameda, New Mexico
    The dam is about 5 years old, and fishing just peaked this winter! I catch channels, blues, carp, sunfish, suckers, and a few trout near the dam. I do know that there are white bass but I never get any. There are also quite a few other diversion dams, one in Isleta and 1 in Algodones.

6. NewMexicoCatfisher

State:
    Alameda, New Mexico
    Went back again today and caught 1 little blue and 1 trout It was snowing pretty hard and the water temperature was a little under 44 degrees. I can't wait until summer, I will start killing the cats and bass!

Attached Files: