Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Rio Grande Report

923 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Catpaw 
#1 ·
Went out today for about 2 hours...the bass are hot! There are also a few catfish in the shallows/ still water bays. The carp are in a prespawn feeding frenzy as well. We were getting the bass on suspending jerkbaits, and also picked up a few HUGE bluegill.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Way to go,Seth. The Walleye should be getting in the prespawn mode here on Ute very soon,I'll have to chat with my Guide buddy about that. I think this spring it may be sooner than normal because of the warm temps we've had the past few weeks. Usually the NMF&G nets around apr 1 for the eggs.

#7 ·
Way to go,Seth. The Walleye should be getting in the prespawn mode here on Ute very soon,I'll have to chat with my Guide buddy about that. I think this spring it may be sooner than normal because of the warm temps we've had the past few weeks. Usually the NMF&G nets around apr 1 for the eggs.
Man, I wish more Walleye washed into the Rio here. I hardly get any eyes. In the spring runoff, the white bass and walleye will be washed down from Cochiti lake. Luckily, no one fishes the Rio Grande here cause it is murky and no one thinks there are fish in here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.