Rinkerbuilt tri-hull

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by bro_catfish, Apr 27, 2008.

1. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Well I finally got my boat its a 1978 Rinkerbuilt tri_haul...17ft long 4cylinder 120 horsepower
    It runs great and starts right up ..but its very dirty and needs the carpet and some of the floor redone..But its not as bad as it was decribed
    Heres my first atempt in uploading some pics
    Hopefully it will work and ill keep a picture log of my process

2. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Here's the pics of Bro catfish's boat.

Attached Files:

3. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Here is one more pic.

Attached Files:

4. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Hey Jason , thanks a ton ..I must have the slowest dial up known to man

5. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Well Hopefully the rain will hold off long enough to pull the floor up..Its soft in a few spots and It will just eat at me if i dont just replace it so thats the plan.
    Hopefully I can just pull it up and use the old peices as some sort of template ..but it looks mostly square so it shouldnt be such a big deal.. Im not so sure i want to put carpet back over it so Im open for any ideas, So far Ive heard Rhino liner, grip tape stuff like you see on ramps and skateboards..and also paint

6. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Well i tore up all the carpet and ripped out all the seats only to find a solid fiberglass floor..and it seems to be in good shape all except the very center and the left edge..where the flolo meets the side ..but the problem im having is not knowing how wise it would be to rip into that floor?
    Also its crossed my mind to just clean it up and lay new wood over it ..but the problem with that is that under the dash the floor slopes up and i hope you can see that in the pic...sooooo what wouldi do there?
    Lets try some new pictures here

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/4532/004resizedrightsizedng0.jpg

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8062/002cropedeg8.jpg

7. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    Biggest thing to worry about DJ is if the foam between the floors and the stringers arent water logged and the stringers are not rotted,also check out the transom and make sure it is solid with no give in it ,check with RamRod he can fill you in on what you might need to do,he redone his completely when he got it,hope this helps you out,but check it out before you start putting a lot of money into it, it can get real expensive quick

8. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Good talking to you today DJ. I can't help you out much with boat advice, but I'll bump this back up so maybe someone else can. Good luck with your boat and good luck fishin'!