Rigs

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by elshale, Sep 22, 2005.

1. elshale

elshale New Member

State:
    Snellville, Georgia
    Could someone just explain why a carolina rig works better then just a split shot and hook alone. I mostly just use splits and hooks and work fine but if a rig can increase my chances I would happily go carolina.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    A carolina rig will allow you to hold bottom much better in a current vs. split shot. If ya casted to a specific area ya must want to be there for a reason. LOL! Also by useing this type of rig it prevents the fish from feeling the weight while takeing the bait. A definite advantage when fishin free spool with the clicker on. I've been usein this rig for years and its all I use even for stripers. Hope this helps.

3. willisjj

willisjj Guest

George said it. Carolina rig is just about all that I use also for the same reasons and one more-its alot easier on the teeth than those dang split shot, lol.

4. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The Carolina Rig is one of the basic techniques to utilize. You can alter it very simply by changing the types of weights depending design and use for instance on the water situation. There are many variations for this depending upon hook size and types, length and type of leader, various knots used depending upon just the size of cats you want to target. Your presentation along with rigs is a very important factor that comes with experimenting with various baits to cover your spread of poles in a hole. The use of various rigs, weights and hooks to do their purpose can almost be called a science! So use whatever it takes to catch your next trophy!
    See Ya On The Water...
    Vince
    TeamWhiskers