Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
452 Posts
You could try a bank sinker tied with a weak not and a dropper loop about two feet above that. The weak not will let you break it off if you have to. I'd rather save my hook and swivel. Weights are cheap to replace.

· Registered
343 Posts
If I am fishing calm water, I like to attach my weight to the mainline with a sinker-slide above a swivel attached to my leader. That allows the fish to take my bait without feeling the weight until hopefully he commits to it. If I am fishing strong current, I attach my weight to a three way swivel with light line and I use a shorter leader to keep the bait from moving around as much and possibly getting hung up.

· Registered
8,123 Posts
I use the bobber on my leader when drifting. Welcome to the USCA Nate.

· Registered
7,094 Posts
"....have you heard of people using bobbers or floats on their leaders are you a fan of this?..."

I use a "drift rig" for both anchoring in current and drifting/trolling. On my rigs there is a snap swivel where the leader attaches to the main line, and this snap swivel allows me to easily switch from a slinky drift weight to a bank sinker for anchoring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.