Rigs for river fishing

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by CatManAndy, Jul 20, 2006.

1. CatManAndy

CatManAndy New Member

State:
    ohio
    Does anyone have any pictures of some good ways to rig your lines for river fishing?

2. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I dont have pics, but i can tell you how i do it..It is a simple set up....I use a 3 ounce egg sinker, then put a little bead on the line...Then a barrel swivel.....Then a 8 to 12 inch leader...Then a hook...I let the sinker slide all the way down to the swivel...For my leader i use 50 lb berkely big game line...Pretty simple set up, i very rarely use anything different

3. CatManAndy

CatManAndy New Member

State:
    ohio
  4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I like this rig also it is the one I use most often. There are a few different weights to use though a no roll sinker, a pryamid sinker, bell sinkers for slow current. all but the bell sinker are rigged the same way, the bell sinker goes on the bottom of your line below the sinker. i think bait fisherman call it drop shotting.

5. Big Vert

Big Vert New Member

River King,

You mentioned using 50 pound big game line for your leader. I have 50 pound Power Pro on my reel, but I am having trouble tying my leaders with the 50 pound mono. What kind of knot are you using? I just can't seem to get mine tight.

BV