rigging up jigheads

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by getthenet, Feb 20, 2008.

1. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    man can someone help me im trying to tie on 3 jiheads about 6 inches apart on my rod and reel what a chore first problem is im using cajun red line cant see as it is now im trying to tie this stuff. got to be a easier way

2. captain kirko

captain kirko New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I wil do my best to help ya out...

Any kind of line which bolsters a stiff fine for an attempt to tie one on has got to pay:big_smile:!

Ok, OK, here we go...
    I generally gear up with spider wire 40lbs.
    After using my best knot I know of, ( Improved clinched knot ) this dog gone line wants to unwind like a mad mustang on steroides!:crazy:

Start your 1st knot closest to the reel and work down.

Try droppin' a few drops of super glue while holding each knot together firmly long enough for the chemical reaction to take place to bond with each of your knots.

Go Get em' & Good Fishin' and hold on to em' tight!:wink:

3. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    ok i tie my first jighead with a trilene knot then i put my 2nd jighead on and run it up close to the first then i tie my knot thinking its about 6 inches from the first jighead by the time i draw my knot down its 24 inches from the first jighead. first thing im gonna do is get the cajun red line off and get some 10 lb test big game. just to give you some idea of what im trying to rig up . it is like a sabiki rig only with jigheads . man im plum tukered out.

4. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Jim, go into the bass section and ask them how they tie a drop-shot rig. I have seen it in some mags but I don't recall how to tie it. But all you'll end up with is three drops on one line. Should work for what you need. Hope this helps.