Rigging lines

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by Ruger 454, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Ruger 454

Ruger 454 Member

State:
    LaGrange Kentucky
    I was wondering what way you liked to rig your lines in the winter,on the bottom or a three-way a foot or so off the bottom?

2. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    I like to use a Santee-Cooper rig that gives just a foot or so off the bottom.

3. tuscan toadfish

tuscan toadfish Active Member

State:
    Matthews,
    I have been advised by many of the smarter fishermen on this forum (Ramon) to tie a barrel swivel to the main line. Place a bead above the swivel (to protect the knot) and a sinker slide above the bead. Tie a weight to the sinker slide with lighter line (10# line or so), so if the sinker hangs up, you only lose the weight, not the whole rigging. Then tie a heavy mono leader to the barrel swivel with a 8/0 circle hook with a slip float on this mono leader. You can move the float up or down the leader to acheive different fishing depths. Try some baits on the bottom and some at other depths and let the fish tell you what depth to fish. Hope this helps.

4. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I fish three out of eight rods using three way swivels that keep the bait 2 feet off the bottom. The rest are on the bottom.

5. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I dont fish in the winter, but whenever i'm fishin i'll always fish on the bottom. Rarely will I fish a bobber rig.