Rig Type

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Catfish_Rob, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Catfish_Rob

Catfish_Rob New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    I was wondering what rig type has been working for you guys. I changed my rig from just slip weights and a hook to a three-way rig and I seem to be doing a lot better. Are there any hints/tips for rigs that you guys are willing to pass forward?

Thanks
    Catfish Rob

2. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    when i use a three way rig i take a snap and put it in the bottom hole of the three way swivel where you would put your weight and before closing the snap i put a thin gum band in it and close it up. then i thread the gum band through my sinker. that way if the weight gets snagged the gum band breaks and i just lose the sinker and not the whole rig.

3. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Good info Brian. I usually just use real light line on my sinker line when i fish 3 ways. Usually when im fishing in larger rocks. It has def. helped me by being able to yank the fish out of there. 90% of the time I just get the fish and my main line, no sinker.

4. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    the flaot rig this yr with a homemade cat float how worked wonders for my buddies and i in lakes this yr

5. fishdealer04

fishdealer04 Member

State:
    Cincinnati
    All I use are the carolina rigs and they work for me. I am not a fan of the 3 way rig. I like the carolina rig because I can drift with it and then if I decide to anchor I can just anchor up.

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Three-way rig and big floats is how I roll!:big_smile: rollo