Rig to cut down on tangles

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by MoCatfisher, Aug 23, 2007.

1. MoCatfisher

MoCatfisher New Member

When using a 3-way swivel rig the hook sometimes gets tangled with the weight on the cast...with the addition of a short piece of soft plastic tubing you eliminate most of that problem...I'm sure some have seen this, but maybe some haven't...see attached pic...

Attached Files:

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thanks for the tip I may try that.

3. holeinthewall

holeinthewall New Member

State:
    mo
  4. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    Great tip! I do know to use a lighter weight line for the sinker so if it hangs up, you can snap the line and save the rest!!

5. Goldenshinner

Goldenshinner New Member

That is an awsome tip. ive used something similar. actualy a length of solid steel wire. but that is good,thanks. i would add that if you have slack in the line durring cast out, the line will bow down current of the weight and give oportunity for the bait to twist on it. the line might seem tight(with current). my 2cents

6. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Short pieces are also great to cushion hard beads and lead weights and keep them from cutting your line at knots.I love you Brothers and Sisters

7. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    That is a great idea! Thanks for showing us a pic so we can see how it's rigged.

8. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Great idea I just had a similar problem on another post. Now where do you get that plastic tubing though?

9. MoCatfisher

MoCatfisher New Member

Any hardware store...just take a 3way the size you're gonna use and make sure it will PUSH on so it stays in place...what's in the pic is lest over ice maker tubing, soft enough to stretch over the swivel, but not too stiff to nick the leader...

10. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Gonna have to give this one a try. Thanks for the info.

11. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Why didn't I think of that! Thanks!

12. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    check with your local medical supply houses for oxygen tubes. They have a multitude of sizes, all soft and plyable.

13. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Thanks for the info. I'm trying that out tonight. :wink:

14. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I have used the aquarium airline tubing sold at Pet shops,dime stores and now at Wal-Mart for about 50 years now.Usually the bigger package is a lot more for a little more money.The "assorted bead packages" found in the crafts section are normally far cheaper and of a wider variety that the ones sold in the fishing department.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

15. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    thats a good idea.

16. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    that is a great idea. Usually I use a modified version of the 3-way. I actually does not involve a 3-way swivel. I have been wanting to try a rig with a three way on it though. I will definetly be trying you tip.