Rifle?? Remington 700

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Bluecathunter, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Bluecathunter

Bluecathunter New Member

State:
    Midlothian, Virginia
    My wife got me a new rifle last Xmas and i havent shot a deer with yet and wanted to see if anyone has one of these or knows what type of reputation they have? Its a 7mm Short action ultra mag stainless by remington and she also had a Burruss 4-16 scope put on it. Im looking foward to taking a deer with it this year if i can ever put the bow down and take the rifle.

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Thats a very nice present there Blue. I have a Remington 700 BDL chambered in 280. and another in 30-06. Burruss makes a nice scope too. With gifts like that you better keep her LOL. ;)

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    That's an excellent combination. The 700 is a very accurate rifle. I don't have any experience with the short magnums as far as recoil and noise levels, but the power is there for sure.

4. abilene

abilene New Member

State:
    abilene, tx
    I have a 22-250 BDL. Didn't the armed forces use the 700 as a sniper fifle? 7mm is cool. I also like 6mm's.

5. catwacker

catwacker New Member

State:
    illinois
    that is an exellent combination for deer hunting. rem 700 is a good rifle in any caliber. it is fairly light and that 7mm is gonna rock you. should be a good 400 yard tack driver

6. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    ive had a couple 700's over the years and love their dependablility.
    i prefer something else but can speak up for a good rifle when i see one.
    have also had three burr scopes too and two of them would lose their zero from time to time. good optics for the money, may i suggest the occasional practice to ensure its still on like it should be.

7. engine35

engine35 New Member

State:
    Hawaii
    The 700BDL SS in 270Win. will always be one of my favorites.
    Well balanced and very accurate.
    It is all you'll ever need.

8. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Nice rifle!! I have Remington 700 BDL 30-06 with a Redfield Tracker scope on it. Can't use it for deer here but does a great job on groundhogs and yotes. I used it for deer when I lived in Ga..

9. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Very nice gun I just bought myself a 700 classic deluxe the other day in 243. I have never shot the 7mm ultra short but I do own a 7mm mag it use to have a burris scope on it tell i put it on my 243. Very nice combo that rocked the deer.

10. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    i have the 700 bdl in 30-06 with a simmons 3x9x40 scope very acurate for my shooting ability...lol...john

11. gater460

gater460 New Member

State:
    eldon,mo
    got a 700 in 25-06 wouldnt trade it for anything it gets about 10 to 15 deer every year without tracking a one more then 75 to 100 yards

12. Bluecathunter

Bluecathunter New Member

State:
    Midlothian, Virginia
    Thanks for all the feedback, sounds like i shouldnt have a problem taking a few deer with it this year. Looking foward to seeing what it can do......

13. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    Hey Dude, I found out last year. you can shoot deer with a ren. 700 bdl .270 and they will still run off. :eek:
    I Know I hit them :crying:
    and if you believe that I got some oceanfront property in arizona for sale :rolleyes:

14. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I have the Remington 700 chambered in 30-06 and I love it. Havent shot it in a couple years since I am always fishing. I think I will dust it off this year and go get some deer though. Very accurate rifle, the best for the money IMHO :) .

15. hookeye

hookeye New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    The Rem.700 series has been around for quite a while as well as has Burris optics. They have an excellent reputation for reliabilty and durabilty. That sounds like a sweet package to me. However, as Bayoubear pointed out,make sure you spend some time making sure your scope is true.