Rifle Question

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by kat in the hat, Jan 30, 2007.

1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    This may get moved, but I didn't see a rifle review. Just deer hunting. Anyway, I just bought a Remington Model 710 .300 Win mag. Anybody on here own a model 710? The gun was amazingly cheep. I know, you get what you pay for, but it comes with a Bushnell 3-9x40 scope, and I got it on clearance for $299. I couldn't resist buying it. Seems like a decent gun, but it's way too cold for me to go sight it in. If anyone has one, I would like to know your thoughts.

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I dont know much about the 710 ,Ive heard its junk but Ive been hearing the same about my 788 whimington disc. way back and my 788 is a real tackdriver so i dont see why the 710 should be any different low cost/ great value

3. riverratmatt

riverratmatt New Member

State:
    ky, totz
    i have on in 270 and it seams good so far ive found it accurate and reliable mine seems to like federal ammo above the rest

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Yea a 710 is a good gun :smile2:

5. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    when the 710's first came out i got one for my father in law, chambered in .30-06. i didn't have a lot of money and it was what i could afford at the time. honestly, it was not a pretty rifle, and the bolt didn't feel right.
    when we took it out to sight it in, the rifle was 1 inch off bull's eye at 100 yards right out of the box. a couple of clicks later and it was shooting cloverleaf groups with 165 grain winchester softpoints. my father in law has made some pretty rediculous shots on deer and hogs, despite the short barrel. that rifle now sits in the gun safe with the rest of them, and has some pretty decent kills to its name, so i have nothing bad to say about its performance. it was a heck of an investment for 300 bucks, and has proven to be a great rifle. the magazine tends to be a little frail, but you can buy replacements for less than 15 dollars.
    there's my .02.
    jordan

6. barefootarkie

barefootarkie New Member

State:
    central Ar
    Personally, I’ve had no experience with the rem 710 and am in no way slamming them. Many people seem to be satisfied with them. But the one thing that has steered me away from them is the fact the barrel is pressed in. Rebarreling is not an option. This will not matter to the person using it for hunting and/or occasional target shooting as if and when the barrel wears out, I’m sure they will have gotten their moneys worth, and then some, out of it. When it comes to guns, I’m the type that can’t leave well enough alone and a rifle that can’t be rebarreled has little appeal to me. One big plus I give the 710, it is a Remington. Jimmy

7. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I don't know much about that model but I've always liked Remingtons and I've never seen a bad one. I think the average rifle is better than the average shooter.