Rifle Cleaning

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by Snagged2, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I used 4 different rifles for my hunting this year,, Lots of work to clean them up....

Was wondering,, do any of you have any techniques for getting other people to clean them for you??:big_smile:

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I usually let my wife clean her own. Black powder and centerfire. Guess what. She aint been around and I got to clean all of them. LOL

3. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    sortu like personal hygiene, if you gunnu use it you gottu keep it clean :big_smile::cool2:

4. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    i just gave some of my rifles a good clean'n yesturday , my 4 yr old likes to give me a hand something about clean'n them gets him going .:eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Greg,I have my own technique and I just don't trust anyone but me to clean my firearms:big_smile:

6. catfishjon

catfishjon New Member

State:
    texas
    My Grandpa use to take me hunting when I was a kid and he always "let" me clean the gun when we got in for the day. I looked forward to it then and I still do now. I inherited his guns when he passed away and they still look great. Catfishjon

7. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    i agree with Richard no one but me cleans my firearms. cleaning my guns is like geting to know that firearm. i know every inch of every gun i own, if something fails its no ones fault but mine

8. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Old habits are hard to break. If weather is bed,wet,snowy or such I wipe my down the evening of the hunt. Once hunting season comes to an end they all get striped down cleaned and lubed. Guns are tools and if cared for properly they will last a life time.