RickY Hatton vs. Floyd Mayweather

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by RiverKing, Dec 8, 2007.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    The Ricky Hatton, floyd Mayweather fight is tonight...I got Hatton picked to win, I at least hope he wins, I cant stand MAyweather...Who do you guys have picked to win???

2. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Mayweather should take it.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    The results are in Mayweather wins by knockout in the 10th, He was leading on all three cars at the time of the knock out. I don't like mayweather either. I was hopeing Hatton would close that mouth for a long time. Wrong again. If you want to be a winner always pick the opposite man I favor.

4. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    Riverking, I agree with you and Mickey on this. Hatton is one tuff son of a gun. Mayweather's mouth is just getting to hard to take. I saw a few clips of the fight on ESPN - very disappointed. I would have like to have seen Floyd knocked out - I guess we'll have to wait for a rematch.

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Yep, mayweather again. By knockout nonetheless, i was hoping to see a better fight but o well!! I think he runs his mouth because he backs it up & he knows what sells fights, afterall they get a cut of all that paperview money as well as the big paydays. Just hope he quits while he is ahead and doesn't end up like Holyfield, Tyson, and Roy Jones Jr who should have all retired champions!!! Just my thoughts, if u notice it is all hype cuz after the fight even Floyd gives props to all the fighters he beats even when Larry Merchant doesn't!!! Thats who should retire and shut his mouth already!!!lol

6. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Yeah alot of fighters stay in the fight game too long...And speaking of Roy Jones Jr, he is coming back and fighting Fekix Trinidad..And get this...They are trying to sell that stupid fight on pay per view for 50 bucks..I know me and non of my friends will be buying that...Don King must have a hand in that, he is the only person I know that would try to sell a fight for 50 bucks, when both fighters are washed up...Its not even a title fight either.

7. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    yea, i think they both should have hung it up when they were on top of their games, but then again none of them do anymore cuz of the big paydays.Just hope nobody ends up like the great one "Ali" what a shame. On fights like that we just go to the local bar, they always buy the fights so it's better to see there for free & drink a few w/friends than spend the 50$

8. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i cant stand mayweather but i been boxing for 10yrs and now retired and just train guys. and i will be honest mayweather is one of the best boxers i have ever seen. he runs his mouth and i hate that but as far as being good he is great. even though i would love to see him get knocked out. but its not gonna happen anytime soon. would like to see him fight cotto. that would be a hard fight for him.

9. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Did anyone see where Mayweather was running his mouth about the UFC? A buddy of mine says he read an article where Dana White extended and invite for Floyd to come over and fight someone (not sure who), Floyd never answered back. Dont get me wrong, Floyd is a great fighter to say the least...but MMA is not where he wants to take it!:wink: I like both boxing and MMA but MMA is way too diverse for someone who "only" boxes to get far. One guy in the UFC, "The Irish Hand Grenade" was a golden gloves fighter...but he had to step up his ground game before he could get anywhere in the UFC.

10. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    i agree, mma is no place for a boxer. I saw once where Gracie invited Tyson in the ring for a one round fight, and offered something like 1 million if he lasted, he rejected of course!!!

11. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Even the best strikers have SOME ground skills! The reason Tyson didnt fight Gracie was because at the time he was making ALOT more money than that to fight HIS game! He risked getting an injury and GRACIE would have beaton him! Notice all the changes the UFC have went through.........NO headbutts timed rounds now....which BENIFIT a striker way more than a grappler (keeps you in his gaurd untill you weear out and then finishes you!) That was the BENIFIT of Gracie jutjitsu, finishing a fight and NOT having to bloody up your opponent! Knowing how to protect yourself from a MUCH bigger and stronger opponent untill theres a opening!

12. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I agree but i think tyson would have had to hold for dear life if gracie got a submission hold on him. That guy was & still is dangerous

13. joadb

joadb Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    i love gracie but he would have had to grapple with tyson first to get into position to do what he does best.getting that close has gotten a few guys countin sheep in front of millions,lol.never underestimate a puncher and also the skill boxers possess.the speed and power someone like tyson had is not in the ballpark of what we can understand.look at what liddel does with a good punch.he dominates in ufc and rarely goes to the ground.and if chuck could compete in boxing(at the highest level) i think he would have by now(boxing is a sport where you can earn 20 mil in a night).anytime martial arts guys or football players or bodybuilders give boxing a try they usually find out that its a little different than they thought.that being said gracie is one of my all-time favorites.

14. plowgirl78

plowgirl78 New Member

State:
    georgia
    I am a big fan of boxing and the UFC. Mayweather is the only person i know that can fight and run around the ring that fast, like he does.:smile2: I also agree that mma is no place for a boxer.