Richland Chambers

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by chuck7700, Aug 1, 2007.

1. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    I went fishing Sunday using jug lines. I caught around 40 or so small channel cats. ranging from 1 to 2 pounds. Here is a picture of my biggest channel. I don't know what it weighted.

Attached Files:

• 13.JPG
      13.JPG
      File size:
      56.8 KB
      Views:
  2. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    congrats on some good fishing. That looks to be about a 3-4lb fish. Not sure though since i didnt see it in person.

3. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    Congrats also. Looks about right GMC

4. GUNTZ

GUNTZ New Member

State:
    CLEBURNE texas
    Chuck congrats-what kind of bait did you use

5. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    i was using Dany Kings Garlic punch bait.

6. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Luke Clayton here. Glad to hear you are hammering those "eatin fish" at RC. I really like the lake and you folks have an excellent marina there at Oak Cove, run by some great folks.
    Glad to see so many folks for the Lone Star State on the site. Have you heard my weekly radio show? Go to www.catfishradio.com or www.catfishgold.com and check it our. Hope you are reading CATFISH GOLD MAGAZINE.. I know there's lots of catfish writing in there you would enjoy! Good fishing, lc

7. Cletus_Beaudean

Cletus_Beaudean New Member

State:
    Corsicana, Texas
    How did you rig your lines? Did you use treble hooks? I use King's with rod & reel but I have never used it on jugs.

8. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I've heard that Richland Chambers is a great lake for catching freshwater redfish. If I lived close, I'd definitely give it a try. A fella told me the other day.... Imagine a 20 lb. bluecat, on steroids, that can swim 30 miles an hour. Got my attention, anyway.:eek:oooh:

9. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    Actual Jerrod RC has no redfish in it but two lakes very close by do. One is Fairfield just a little ways further down I-45 from you and the other is Tradinghouse which is by Waco.

10. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    yeah fairfeild does and ive heard of some awesome redfish fishing there, but we go to RC alot and we can never get many big cats? we can hammer the small channels all day long but the i can never find the big blues... we can really only fish by the dam, considering that where not aloud to go where the richalnd and chambers creeks feed in