Richland Chamber Channels Bait

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by TX Catman, May 19, 2007.

1. TX Catman

TX Catman New Member

State:
    Texas
    On richland chambers I am sure that thers lots of catfish and especially striper, but what do the catfish love to bite there?:roll_eyes:
    plz post!!

2. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    A few weeks ago we where catching them with shad.

3. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    TX,
    Shad are pretty hard to beat on RC. You can catch blues, channels, hybrids and sandbass on cut shad. Sometimes the sandbass can be so thick you can't keep them off your bait though. If you want to target eating size cats, use a good punch bait such as Danny King's or one of the other punch baits that are on the market. Here's a picture from a trip last month. The catfish bite was a little slow, but the hybrids made up for it.

[​IMG]

4. mark1

mark1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    shad is hard to beat

5. pat muckelroy

pat muckelroy New Member

State:
    texas
    I have always used live perch and do well on blues and yellow cat. I would love to use shad, but can't locate any where I can throw a castnet and get it back. Where do you get the shad on this lake? Pat Muckelroy

6. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Pat,
    You should still be able to find them along wind-blown banks, points and in the backs of creeks. I drove over the 287 bridge today after leaving a different fishing excursion. It was pretty tough driving over the lake, pulling a boat and not being able to stop and fish or a few hours. I only saw one boat on the water.

7. pat muckelroy

pat muckelroy New Member

State:
    texas
    Bobby, thanks for the info on where to get shad. I will be going back to fish this lake in about a month and I am going to devote a lot of time to catch shad. Pat