Rhino RSC3 Spincasting reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by xposedguts, Sep 29, 2007.

1. xposedguts

xposedguts New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I had a Ugly Stick medium rod laying around so i thought id buy a new reel for it to use as a bait catcher and whatnot. I got a Rhino RSC3 which is pre-spooled with 12lb line, $25.00. It casts very well and is very smooth, nice drag adjust and line alert. Very sturdy and gets the job done really nicely with no effort. Id like to try the larger one with 20lb line sometime.

2. koakley1

koakley1 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I was thinking of buying one for my daughter but wasnt sure if it was going to be any good or not. Thanks for posting, now I will buy her one and maybe one for me too.

3. xposedguts

xposedguts New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yea id say buy her and yourself one...ive always been a spinning reel guy but sometimes using a spincaster is nice for a change

4. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i have several rsc 3 and fives...good little reels

5. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I have one of the rsc5's, and the only thing I don't care for, or understand is the "direct drive" lever....what's up with that? And in the excitement, ya can engage it, and lose your drag. Other than that, great reel for the money. But got a bent hook, and lost a nice one because of the lever and my big clumsey fingers, LOL.

6. sneezer

sneezer New Member

State:
    pa.
    I have two rsc5's and 4 rsc3's. I don't regret buying them...very good reel for the money...