Rhino Reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by nitronostrils, Jun 10, 2007.

1. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Anyone else use Rhino reels? I use the RSC3 spincast and have no problems. Pretty good reel IMO.

2. sneezer

sneezer New Member

State:
    pa.
    I got six of them 1-2, 4-3's and a 5. The best spincaster I've ever used.

3. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    I have a Rhino low profile baitcaster that I got years ago.I never liked it much. It's been sitting in my basement since about a month after I got it.

4. Smuggo

Smuggo New Member

State:
    sc
    I had an extra Berkley big game 2 piece rod and not wanting to invest a lot of money for a reel on that rod a picked up a Rhino rbcxl. Bought it from Wal-Mart for around $30.00 (it was that or the Tidewater). Large baitcaster with a loud clicker and smooth action.

I usually take extra rigged rods out on a trip and instead of re-rigging I go to my back ups and re-rig during the slow times waiting on the bite.

Although it's not my primary rod I have confidence that it will bring 'em to the boat. Landed a 26 lb this year with the Rhino...if you're fishing on a budget the rod and reel I described was around $50.00 and is a good combo for water with the potential for large fish.

5. sneezer

sneezer New Member

State:
    pa.
    I thought the thread was about spincasters. Rhino is Zebco.....they are pretty much "it" when it comes to spincasters. And the Rhino and the Omega are their "top of the line" I have a neighbor who has bought 3 Shakepeare spincasters to my one Rhino. If you can break the RSC5 you can be proud of the fish that did it.

6. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I'd like the rsc5 a lil better if it didn't have the direct drive lever on it, or that feature at all. I lost a nice fish by accidently engaging it in the heat of the battle; straighten a hook right out.
    :sad2:

7. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    I mounted an RCS5 on an Ugly Cat rod to have on my boat for people that had not fished much and did not know about baitcasters and spinning gear. I used the outfit a time or two and was pleasantly surprised at it's capability. I have not caught anything over 5 lbs on it but feel it would do the job on a much larger fish. I might even but another I like it so well.

Cheez

8. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I have 2 of the rsc5, had one for 3 years now without any problems. They are very smooth casting and reeling. I have total confidence in the ability to reel in large fish. Excelent reels for the money.