Rhino open face reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by whiskerlover, Feb 18, 2007.

1. whiskerlover

whiskerlover New Member

State:
    St. joseph Missouri
    Hello everyone. I was at the Cabelas store yesterday and saw some new rhino open face reels. Has anyone tried these? Do you like them? i am thinking about picking up a couple and want ed some opinions. Thanks everyone.

2. Wyocatman

Wyocatman New Member

State:
    Centralia, Illinois
    Never used one but the world record flathead was caught on an ol "33". I guess if your a weekend warrior it will probably be a great reel. If your serious about chasing monsters, i dont think it will be your "silver bullet".

My first reel was a 33 my grandfather give me when I was ten. Sure caught a lot of trout on that thing.
    :big_smile:

3. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    I had a friend buy one year...he used it for bass. It was broken in a few weeks. I will never purchase one after seeing what a waste that one was.

4. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I have a Rhino model RBCXL thats about the same size as a ABU 7000 and it has bearings instead of bushings. The clicker is not as loud as an ABU. I haven't had any trouble with it but I haven't had anything bigger then about 12lbs caught on it. It seems like a fairly good reel for the price. I think others on here is confusing this reel with the old closed face like the model 33.

5. whiskerlover

whiskerlover New Member

State:
    St. joseph Missouri
    Yes fishhook, thats excactly the reel i was talking about. I think i will give them a shot. Cabelas has them on sale for 40.00 so even if i dont like them im not out too much.