RHINO LINING

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by lazer20, Sep 19, 2009.

1. lazer20

lazer20 New Member

State:
    WV
    I was thinking about putting rhino lining on the outside and inside of my boat. Just wondering if anyone out there has done the same. I figure it will give me a little better surface to stand on without being so slick. Thought it might even toughen it up a little, but i dont know it it will effect the aluminum (its for a jon boat). Would appreciate any input.

2. catin38

catin38 New Member

State:
    alabama
    hi,
    i havent put it in the boat but i had it in my truck bed. i can tell you from my experience it is tough but it fades quick when left out in the sun and it gets very hot. personally i wouldnt do it. hope this helps

3. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    If you use a rhino liner type paint just get a lighter color rather than black..That'll make it cooler..I gonna do my floor with it and use a light gray color to match my boat which is just natural unpainted brushed aluminum..I'm gonna fiberglass the bottom and sides of my wood floor and roll on the rhino stuff..

4. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California

good luck with that.....I use a grey/lt blue paint in my ole alum boat and it cut down on the heat that was reflected.....there use to be a material called "zolatone"..... texture and color....non-slip material..

5. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Rhino lining comes in several colors.

6. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'm not sure yet what particular product I'll use yet but I'm a professional painter by trade so I'll talk to my reps and find a good product..We use some stuff at work that we use for steps and decks and it works great..I think its a Dupont product..I figure if that doesn't work like I think it will I'll just glue carpet over it..

7. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    When I bought my boat it had that on the outside of it. The man that had it hoped it would seal the rivets better I guess. When I brought it home I started stripping it off so I could find the leaks and fix them. I might consider putting on the inside decking surfaces but I will never have it on the outside. After I got it all off I sealed all leaks and sanded it down and had it repainted with an OD Green paint, it looks like a new boat now. I never liked that rough texture to the outside.

8. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    I've done some reading lately and it seems to have fallen out of favor to put any sort of bedliner in a boat in a DIY fashion. The idea is one thing. Reality is another. Steel Flex paint has a really good rep for the bottom of boats.