Rhino Indestructible Rods?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by CJ21, Jan 27, 2007.

1. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I am wondering is this a good rod for catfishing? Wal-Mart has some for 19 bucks, looking at a 6'6 or 7' foot mh casting rod. I am wondering do anyone own one? I hear they is indestructible and have a life time warranty.

2. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    I dont know about the rhino's, but I got a 7' mh casting rod from ugly stick. It is the CAL J 101. I got it from BPS and it was only $25.00. It has been a really good rod for me this past year. I also grabbed a abu 6000 combo from wallyworld for $70.00. The rod is a 7' mh action and the reel is the 6000b, with bait clicker. I have not had any complaints so far.

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Those 6000 combos come with a MH Berkley Lightning Rod, I have been looking at those to. I have a 6000 but its on a 7' MH Berkley Big Game Rod.

4. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    yeah, they are really good combos. I also grabbed a catmaxx reel from BPS, and I love it. I did not like the rods though, a little too beefy for me. I like the smaller diameter rods, like the lightning, where you have to use a little skill and give the fish a fighting chance.

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    The Rhino Rods are not that big so I might just get that. I also hope to get a 6500.

6. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    I have two that I use for catfish on the lakes and smaller rivers. have not had any problems with them. Got the combo and the reel has a smooth action.

7. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    i looked at those at wal mart, they dont seem to have much backbone to em for flats and blues but for channels i bet theyd be great. i had a red rhino spincasting rod/reel combo awhile back that were me and my bros first fishing poles. they were great up until they got to beat up and abused from being in experianced at carrying fishing poles through woods and doorways:lol:

8. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    I have a 6'6" rhino casting rod, I've had it about 2 years, worked great until this week. I made a cast and the end of the rod, the clear part, was turnred like it was broken. It had separated from the rest of the rod, the blank is actually 2 pieces, the clear section is glued? or somehow attached to the rest of the rod.