Rhino Indestructables?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by codey72, Jun 21, 2007.

1. codey72

codey72 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My uncle's really like this pole and it's only $19.99 but I can only find it in 6' 6". Anyone had any experience with this rod?

2. Cat Hunter

Cat Hunter New Member

State:
    texas
    I have had a Rhino and they arent indestructable. I got hung up and mine snapped pretty easily.

3. codey72

codey72 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    okay thanks, what do you suggest?

4. Smuggo

Smuggo New Member

State:
    sc
    I had 3 of the Rhino glow tips and they destructed pretty quick. The reel seats broke on 2 and the other broke about 6" from the tip.

I'll never buy another...try a Berkly big game for the same price.

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi Cody,And a Big ol Welcome to the BOC,Shure Glad to Have You Join Us!!! For the money(39.00) at wallyworld you can get an Uglystick and there are just about Bullit Proof.Or you can jump up and send 55.00 and get an Uglystick Tiger rod (the Yellow ones) and they will handle anything tht swims in any river or lake in the U.S.JMHO. J.D.

6. Cat Hunter

Cat Hunter New Member

State:
    texas
    For the price and durability uglystick is the way to go everytime.

7. codey72

codey72 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    kay thanks for the help

8. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I saw a Rhino Rod today at Kmart and saw the glow part shredding like mozarella cheese I would stay away from it.

9. Rastus

Rastus Active Member

State:
    North Central, Missouri
    another vote for the ugly stick:big_smile:

10. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    for the price i would go with the ugly stick... they are way way way better than the rhino

11. biggen0_8

biggen0_8 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Ugly Stik first choice, Berkley Big Game second choice. Got a Rhino with a broken tip I'm going to take back.

12. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    Like everybody has said, go with the Ugly stick. I have 6'6" rhino casting rod and the glow part of the tip came off, I had to glue it back together.:crazy:

13. codey72

codey72 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was thinking about getting a Rhino 33 combo

my grandpa has a zebco 33 hawgcaller on a yellow shakespeaere 6'6" rod that's ancient and we call it the club and he's pulled in musky, flatheads, blues, crappies, bass, channels, the cats that look like they have the shoehorn on there nose, a really wierd fish tghingy called a dogfish that ran back in the water, trout, salmon, and anything else. That's the greatest rod & reel ever.

14. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Nothing is indestructible, including anvils, but the ugly stik is one of the very few manufactured items that my 14 year old grandson hasn't broken yet. :eek:oooh:The Rhino lasted him about 3 trips, I think.

15. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    :006:I am almost totally swithed over to Ugly Stiks and Berkley Big Game. Just got a 7' Ugly Stik MH for my Ambassador 6000, casts great pulls in small Channels with no problem. Now if I can just get a hold on something that will actually test my rig out.

16. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    I have several ugly sticks in different sizes. All have worked great, but I did have 1 of there cat rods break while showing to a friend ( brand new,never even had a reel on it). Took back to Academy and they traded it out no questions.
    I called Shakespear and talked to them about it. They said it was probably just a bad blank.

17. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    I hate for this to sound like a broken record but I must say uglystick #1 big game#2.

18. joe23280

joe23280 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i have to agree with everyone on the uglystick!! i had a friend that bought a rhino and the darn thing broke at the tip while bringing in a 2 pound brown trout!:sad2: i told him he would of had better luck with the dead branch laying on the ground beside him!!!:smile2:

19. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I would also go with a Ugly Stick!

20. johneydriscoll

johneydriscoll New Member

State:
    michigan
    DANG I WISH I WOULD O BEEN HEARD OF DIS SITE BEFORE I SPENT 60 DOLLERS OF MY GRASS CUTTING MONEY ON ORDERING DIS OF THE INTERNET NOW I JUST GOT TO BUY A UGLY:angry::angry::angry::angry::confused2::confused2::confused2::tounge_out::tounge_out::tounge_out::shame::shame::ah::ah: