Rhett Bomar is an idiot!!!!!

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by jlingle, Aug 2, 2006.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Dadgummit!!!!!! How can anybody be such a meathead? What a moron!!! You're captain of the ship for one of the best football programs in the country, and you can't stay out of trouble? Get from here, you idiot!!!!!

Why oh why do the best players often have to be the most arrogant and dumb? Jiminy cricklets..... I regret the day that OU signed that oaf.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Jerrod, don't count OU out yet. 1973 - a national QB being sought by Texas, USc and OU signed with OU. Great - then they found out his HS principal changed one grade so he would be elgible for college. So, OU went with a back-up quaterback that had never had a d-1 college snap. Kids name was Steve Davis. He played for four years and lost 1 game.

It does not take a big name to win a game. Bomar had problems throughout his tenure at OU. Drinking, tickets, smack talk - he got his breaks. The problem is these kids have always played by different rules. In HS they were young Gods. In college, they are thought to walk on water. You gotta remember Bomar and Quinn has not got a college degree yet so they are not smart. They were trying to get there - and it probably cost Bomar a good shot at the NFL.

The rallying cry at OU that has started up in response to this action is simple... IN STOOPS WE TRUST. The university will come out of this shebacle in good shape. Still possible to run the table with the QB's they have on hand. And, it freed up two scholarships that can be used next year to get good players.

It is sickening, but people it seems always take the easy way out. It is estimated the booster was paying them $300.00 per hour. They knew better now they pay the price.

But it don't really matter. Texas is still suck. Osu still plays with sheep. And it will take a good team to beat the sooners this year.

3. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I think it is pretty Funny Myself!!!! Bonehead player and bonehead booster.

I'm assuming that He got paid by a regular paycheck seeings how the kid reported the income to the IRS. Now If Your gonna enguage in something shady like that Why would the booster not pay him in cold hard cash????

Aw shucks.....OU and OSU Where Men are Men and sheep are scared....LMAO

4. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    It is pretty dumb for him to do that, but ALL football teams have players like that. North Texas supposedly has one of the nicest roster in Divison-I, but while my brother was the sports editor there, I got to come in contact with the football team, and while several of them were very nice guys, there were still quite a few bad seeds. It's just the athlete mentality of everyone giving them special treatment growing up, that they think they can do whatever they want.

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Sad to say, but some of the more savy fans are predicting a very, very stiff NCAA penalty. It seems the Gymnastic and some other sporting segment is on NCAA probation right now. If the NCAA decides or wants to do so, they can impose the death penalty on the university for lack on institutional control. They expect at the very least to be banned from any bowl participation. Wouldn't it be great for the team to run the table now and have the LSU - USC - OU controversay again.

It is sad, but there is probably 11 teams from the Big 12 that is laughing their tail off over this. Some of the fans from 'bama, usc, oregon, Neb, Tex has offerred what I think is sincere condolences, but you can actually hear the snideness from other universities.

I still have to stand by what I posted yesterday. In the words of Bill Murray...it just don't matter. It doesn't. My world will continue to turn, the sun will shine, and the cold front is still due in tommorrow which will lower our temperature to 98 degrees.

6. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Cold front indeed. I'm looking forward to that BIG TIME. It's actually cloudy here right now, and looks like it could rain sometime.

Rhett Bomar got what he deserved. Busted twice in the last year for alcohol related offenses, and then this...... what in the heck was he thinking? I hope nobody else picks that jerk up and gives him a chance. He needs to spend the rest of his life working for a living, just like the rest of us. The guy absolutely makes me wanna puke.

I hope Pual Thompson or the juco transfer just blows everybody's doors off this year. That would crack meup. Maybe this is an enormous blessing in disquise. I hope this makes the team pull together, and just drum everybody. I'd laugh my keyster off. We can only hope.

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Several stories are making the rounds... first ) one of OU's former players who is now in the pro's was visiting the school. Heard the talk of being paid without having to work. Reported it to Stoops, who rept'd it to Castiligion and Boren. OU did investigating and had solid evidence that Bomar and Quinn had punched a time card saying they were at work when they were in fact at spring practice. Second story) teammates went to Stoops and whispered in his ears about being paid while at practice. 3rd story) Bomar and Quinn was flashing too much money around which caused eyebrows to raise.

I don't know how they got Bomar's federal tax retun to prove his income for last year. Thought that was a strictly confidential matter unless involved in a federal/state investigation.

They say up to four other players may have been involved as they worked at the car dealership during the same time frame. However, the only ones they can prove anything on is Bomar and Quinn due to their time cards being punched while they were at practice. Seems to me that anyone could take your time card out of the slot, puch it in, do this a few times then report you. Be known as a big "gottcha". They expect cockroaches to start crawling out of the walls as this story goes on.

8. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Mods!

Please move this thread to the proper section: Ersel's College Gridiron Talk

And YES Bomar is an idiot.

9. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Jeeze, talk about killing a thread. We've been discussing college football in the NFL section for weeks, where've you been?