REWARD STOLEN ROD REEL AND ROD HOLDER

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by robjmiller, Aug 23, 2009.

1. robjmiller

robjmiller New Member

State:
    Irondale ohio
    I was sitting on the boat with Moose catching fish. Then out of the blue, we heard a racket on the back of the boat. Moose’s arms were about 3 feet to short. This monster took the rod all the way down to the holder. Last seen heading south across the top of the river. If you have any info contact Moose, Large Reward.

2. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That sucks. What kind of rod and reel? What were you using for a holder? If I catch a fish with all that attached I will let ya know.

3. robjmiller

robjmiller New Member

State:
    Irondale ohio
    I think a daiwa it was a large spinning reel red rod not sure what kind of holder think moose said atwood holders

4. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    thats ok i think i caught my own anchor friday night, at least thats what it felt like and i was in about the same spot that i left on the bottom of the river unfortunatly my line broke before i got whatever it was to the surface:sad2::tounge_out:

5. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Rod that sucks when that happens ,been there done that :wink::smile2:

6. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    thats exactly what happened to me three years ago, i know it was HUGE fish , as was yours as well im sure!

i said before, if i could have gotten that fish in, to look at him, i would have just thrown my rig in the river!

(looseing a fish of a lifetime)thats the reason why and the same year, i founded MONSTER ROD HOLDERS! i voweled that would never happen again! now i have the rod holders to handle a huge fish, but i just havent had the opprotunity to duplicate that day!
    fish of your lifetime dont come very often!

good luck

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Naw, I wouldn't necessarily agree the rig was stolen,.... somewhat like it was gave away. LOL I usually use a strong nylon cord about 1/8" by six foot and tie the poles handle to the boat. The fish may get away, but not the rod.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  8. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Now it'll just rip off the side of your boat... lol weakest link.

9. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    right ! i like giving away a good pole .reel.sinker.hook.and a pole holder ripped right of the rail. right now the cost of that little bit of fun is over$150.00 bucks. the cost of a safty rope 25cents. someone not posting sooner about the 25 cent safty rope priceless.:smile2::smile2:

10. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Now that had to be nice fish or a huge tree floating along an caught ahold lol.

11. riv56

riv56 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    The same thing happened to me, doing a little drift fishing,ripped the rod an reel right out of the boat, but I was lucky enough to snag it with another rod, an the hook was still in the bugger, fought him clear to the boat, nice shopping cart with about 15lb. of mud in it. I threw em back maybe someone else will have fun too.