Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any experiance with the okuma classic reals? im wanting to get a pair. i have a okuma stratamaster and it is a good reel and the classic almost seems like the same reel with out a line counter. so anyone have any goods or bads about them thanks?

· Registered
4,103 Posts
I've got a couple of them, no problems and they are tough,good reels. Don't really know what to say about them,they function well, and have given me zero problems so far, not to fancy just good workhorses. Yes I would reccomend them, so far I have not handled a bad Okuma reel or rod, don't know if I pick the good stuff or if Okuma is just all that! I love the Okuma gear I own.

· Registered
468 Posts
I have 2 of them on 7' MH Tiger rods and I love them! The seem like a real workhorse with very large power handle! My only complaint is that the baitclicker "drag" is pretty weak compared to other reels......If I am fishing in any current it's impossible to use the baitclicker on freespool because it just keeps pulling out line. Other than that, no complaints here

· Registered
224 Posts
I really like the 450L reel, BUT it says it has bushings instead of bearings. How does this affect the long term use of the reel? I would think bb's would be better.

· Registered
224 Posts
Oh well I took the plunge and bought the following reel:
I needed a new one for my new Ugly Stick. Will post on it after I get a few chances to use.
Paid $46 shipped.

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lightweight corrosion resistant frame and side plates[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Machined aluminum, anodized spool[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ported graphite frame design[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Stainless steel reel foot for strength[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dependable multi-disc Rulidium drag system[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Classic Pro XP features 2 ball bearings[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Machine cut brass and stainless steel gearing[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Aluminum power handle with T-style knobs[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Self lubricating gear system[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Stainless steel levelwind line guide system[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Made in China [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Specifications:[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Model: XP-452L[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bearings: 2BB[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Capacity: 580/20, 430/25, 330/30[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gear Ratio: 3.8:1[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Line Retrieve: 24.5"[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Max Drag: 18 lbs[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Weight: 16.8 oz[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Contents:[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Okuma Classic Pro XT Reel[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Warranty Information [/FONT]

· Registered
1,324 Posts
I have a few Okumas and love them!!! I have worn out the levelwind and pawl on a couple of them, but that's pretty normal on anything where you're slinging it a country mile. That's tough on the levelwinds. Other than that, I like 'em and will be getting more!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.