Revenge Trapping

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by Big Bird, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Big Bird

Big Bird New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I went away for business for a few days. When I left I had a beautiful garden. When I came back all my beans had been stripped to the stem. Even though I live in the middle of town and my garden is fenced in, I figured it was a groundhog. I buried two traps at the likely entrance and the next day, there he sat. I've gotta say, my whole family is disappointed about the beans as we enjoy them all winter long. They were just as happy as I was that he found my traps. Anybody else put your traps to work to get these critters?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/davidbrugh/Trapping%20Pics/ghpile.jpg

2. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    put up a new shop about 3 years ago, groundhogs like to dig under concret floor, have to get rid of about 2 a year, dont like the idea of floor cracking.
    have my 2 all ready hope thats it. cn be a pain, for sure.
    Jim

3. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    Here in Ohio its illegal to trap groundhogs so I just pour a little sodium nitrate around the entrance to their hole, it burns their feet and when they lick it off they die and others won't use that den with a dead groundhog in it.

4. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    If it's illegal to trap them then surely that can't be legal. And you could get into more trouble with EPA standards and all. If they are being a nuscience ex. Eating Garden, Digging under foundation, then you should be able tog et a temporary permit to trap them. Same as shooting deer when not in season if they are being a pain. I would check into this route.

5. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I don't know, I guess it is because I live in the country and all, but I sure do get tired of hearing about regs and laws. Damn if they are eating me out of house and home, I figure I have the right to take care of them. Biggest problem is when people do something like that, someone else finds out and the trouble starts. Just as with this thread, who cares what anyone else dose, really, if I had deer eating my garden up, they would disappear. If I have coons eating my corn crop, they would just disappear. I believe that humans should take care of them selves first.

6. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    If you're out of the city (where shooting is allowed) then I'd get a lawnchair & a .22, set-out at first light & dusk.

As far as Johns post.....no more that I know of John, I can guarantee he isn't violation any regulations by the methods he uses...

We can shoot them here all year, if they are a nusince....same as coyote.

Smitty