Returning to my roots

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by dip, Jan 26, 2006.

1. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    giving up on the pursuit of bigguns.... spent too much on BIG gear, a great boat, traveling, time from the family etc..... used to be a jar of Bowker's meant nites of catching a hundred dinks and that was fun. tired of trying to keep up with the big timers in ohio like mellon and flathunter jack..... and the catking never told the the secret to catfish NIRVANA .... so i got some looper rigs and Bowkers and i'm gonna start having fun again.

2. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Good Luck Dude!!!!

Catfishing is something we do for fun!!! I like catching the "Dinks" to!!!

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey dip, can I have your boat?

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Hey Flat I was going to ask the same thing LOL :crying:

5. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    the big 'uns are fun but i love catching them eaters to.

6. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Dip don't give up so easily. If you can make it to zanesville, I can put you on a big fish. I only fish for flatheads with 10/o hooks ,80 pound line,Abu Garcia 7000's and bait big enough for a bass fisherman to mount on the wall. call me in the spring, that equipment won't go to waste.

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think dips just having fun with us, he caught alot of nice flats last year,,I think he just going for dinks till the flats start hitting.

8. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Dip, any squealers u catch I can use them for bait also.

9. THE CATKING

THE CATKING New Member

State:
    Cattinatti
    Going back to the yellowbellys hey dipster .....:rolleyes: Save some for bait.......:cool: .....I wish we all could get together for a night of bankin for dinks.....;) Jackson , Dip, mellonhead, little billy_gfishless....DA KING !!! ....would that not be an adventure....:thumbsup: ... THE CATKING !!!

10. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    thanks s man! muskingum is one river i want to try in a BAD way. trade you trip for trip, i like the maumee. flathunter can tell you that i'm not a spot stealer, just would like to fish skingum a couple times!

had an open invite to DA KING for YEARS and he has yet to show!

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    King, I will email you my vacation days, mellon and I will be fishing them all, maybe you can clean the cobwebs off those rods and come over.

12. bill_gfish

bill_gfish New Member

State:
    st. marys, oh
    Ya know it's a sad day when you are fishing with stink bait and still get skunked. 3 lakes in 2 weeks and not a bite to be found. :crying:

Dip's going back to his roots huh. I suppose now I have to start looking in the classifieds for a new sidekick job. Anyone know of someone in need of a good sidekick? Jack, ya care to upgrade. You can't pack 150lbs on my back like ya can the mellon but I can get bait everytime.

If you guys plan something lemme know and I'll come and whine all night. (huh king)

13. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    If the spring rains aren't excessive the water level usually comes down in may to first of june. I'll check with you then Dip. Prime pre-spawn season.

14. THE CATKING

THE CATKING New Member

State:
    Cattinatti
    We can come up with a plan guys...;) Let me know the dates Jackson.... Come on dipster ..I did show up at Grand Lake and fished 10 hours in 40 mph winds in 30 degree weather....:crying: I'm still recovering from that trip with you .....:p .......... Things just have gotten in the way these past couple years............. But I'm trying....;) ... Yes, little billy_gfishless ...WHINING...:cry-big: .... THE CATKING !!!

15. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jack will be working 7 days a week until November, so he will only be able to fish 11:30 PM-1:00AM!!!!!

16. bill_gfish

bill_gfish New Member

State:
    st. marys, oh
    "all work and no play makes jack a dull boy"

it also increases mellons chance of smokin his behind this year. Oh and Jack? Aren't you glad you turned down that promotion with raise so you didn't have to work so much. :rolleyes: :crying: :mad:

17. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I will fish trust me..On the way to bass pro in the moning to get a boat...AND i WILL USE IT, or quit my job!

18. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sweet, thats what I've been wanting to hear! You were starting to get me very worried when you said 7 days a week until Nov-Dec!!!! :rock-big:

19. bill_gfish

bill_gfish New Member

State:
    st. marys, oh
    hey jack and mellonball. you guys got a first flatty trip of the year in the works? Aint got crap planned here yet.

20. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Flathunter & Mellon if you 2 want to fish the Ohio sometime this year let me know I can fish 3 out of my boat. It would be good to meet some of you all. Let me know!!