Returned user...

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by Georgiaboy, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Georgiaboy

Georgiaboy New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hey everyone how is it going? For all of you semi-long time Georgia members out there i am Catnewb101. I needed to change the name because well i forgot the password to the email address. Anyways, for all the people who dont know me let me introduce myself

My name is Jeff and i am 14.
    I play baseball and love to fish
    I have never caught a catfish, but however quite succesful with others.
    Marietta Georgia
    OFFSHORE FISHERMAN

Well that about wraps it up.

Down to business

I fish very rarely and we have been going to Lake Acworth to fish. Pretty and quite spot with two open docks. Anyways my dad had a spinner bait and i had a shad plug. He had two bites and i didnt get a nibble. He lost both of them within a matter of seconds.
    I always seemed to think that the targets for local fishermen in Lake Acworth were anything but catfish because most of the place is open water, (Except for some parts of the lake where there may even be a small cove leading into a creek). Has anyone else besides me have any luck at Acworth or has it been the same experience for all others? (I also tend to have the belief that the boaters have the advantage rather than the offshore folks like myself. Whats a current standpoint on that situation)?

2. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Welcome back, Jeff. I've never fished Lake Acworth but I bet there are some channel cats in there. Try a piece of cutbait on the bottom and see if you can get a catfish to bite. Good luck fishin'.

3. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I caught an old yellow belly mud cat in acworth over by the spillway. Thats about it though. I don't have much luck in Alatoona or Acworth.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jeff Welcome to the BOC. Hang in there your day will come. It only takes one cast.:big_smile:

5. Claude

Claude New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hey Jeff,
    I live just up the road in Kennesaw. I bought a kayak back in May and have been up on Lake Acworth a few times. I haven't caught any cats yet, but I have caught some small bream and crappie, and one 6lb. largemouth on a plastic worm.
    The lake is my source for small bream that I use as cutbait for catfish I fish for up on the Etowah River around Cartersville and Rome. I can catch all I need on one of the two docks by the boat ramp in just a little while. The only time I fished for cats was with some noodle jugs, and all I caught was a spotted bass, which I had to release. But that was during the day in the middle of July, so I really wasn't expecting much.
    I've learned from talking to folks and from the net the lake is a haven for 10+ lb. largemouth.
    You can use the bream you catch there as bait(live or cutbait) as long as you catch the bream on hook and line.
    Here's a BOC thread from last October on Acworth. Good Luck!
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-30737

6. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Hello Jeff welcome back I seem to remember you a little i ain't tried acworth yet but don't give up on it

7. Georgiaboy

Georgiaboy New Member

State:
    Georgia
    yeah ive always heard acworth had some larger bass in its arsenal. However the docks never seemed real promising for any cats unless if they were in reeds behind em.

8. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Jeff, welcome back to The BOC. :wink: