Retired

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TomV, Sep 14, 2007.

1. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    Today was my last day going into work!

Now I can get some serious fishing time in like the rest of you guys.

I'm retired, well sort of.

I've been getting up at 5:00 AM every morning, going into work at 6:30 on Mondays, 7AM tuesdays through Friday with Saturdays and Sundays off. Now I'm on permanent on call status. If they have a problem with one of the programs I wrote, they will call me and 9 times out of ten I will be able to fix it over the phone (walk them thru their problem), from our lake house, our houseboat or even while out fishing on our pontoon. Never thought I'd be thankful for cell phones.

I may have to go in once in awhile if I can't talk them through their problem but then I will get paid milage.

Life got better today! :smile2:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    OH YEA! Glad to hear the news. ENJOY!!!!!!!! LOL!

3. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Tom, that sounds great! Congratulations.

The only thing I wouldn't like is being on call, for when I worked I was always on call.
    I very well remember my last work day.... Sept 31, 1989. My official retirement date wasn't until March, 1990.
    I returned to visit my work place 6 years ago.. much had changed and a lot of new people.

Good luck and enjoy!

4. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Congratulations Tom. You have joined a very special club. You will never be aggravated, bored, upset, nervous, irritated, want to throw things, could care less when you got up, can start cooking for the wife, have coffee with the boys in the morning, do all those things around the house you wanted to, escape from the humdrum, go where you please when you please, fish morning and night. On one condition Tom. Throw that GD phone away into the deepest darkest corner of the world you can find. Then you will be free at last, free at last. John

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Congrats to you Tom. There ain't nothing like it. 2 1/2 years for me.

6. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Congradulation's Tom :big_smile:

7. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Congrats Tom--Enjoy!!!!!

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Congrats ,Tom. You earned it ,now Enjoy.

9. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thats Great Tom!!!!! I Know You and the Wife will Enjoy It. Congrat's.J.D.:smile2::wink:

10. Skunk River Cat

Skunk River Cat New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Congratulations. I'll get there one day.

11. barrelbritches

barrelbritches New Member

State:
    Texas
    glad to here you made it , i also retired in jan. 2003 catch some fish and give us a call. Good luck.

12. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the flock, Tom...:cool2:

13. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Welcome to the ranks of the people that get to "Tell it like it WAS" to the young sprouts that never knew that Bonanza was a great Western TV Serial and not a place to eat!

14. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Good luck on your retirement.
    Just remember to say no when someone offers you another job.

15. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    Congrad Tom. I retired 2-1-2005 at age 54. Well, I thought I was retired. Now the wife makes me wash, dry and fold the clothes. Sweep and mop the floores. But I still have time to wet a hook:big_smile:

16. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Enjoy your retirement, you have earned it. I'm on the downhill slide now, i've been at the same job for 26 years and just have 20 more to go:crazy::smile2:.

17. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Congradulations Tom. I know you and Jackie have been looking forward to being at the lake full time. Enjoy it my friend, youve earned it. I feel for the fish around here now.....:big_smile:

18. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Congrats and have fun!
    Bill

19. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Congrats. Been a long uphill climb to get there. If'n you are ever down in Arkansas and want to go drown a worm or try out a lake or river, give one of us old retirees a holler. We'll drop what we're doing (if we are even doing anything) and go.

20. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Ive watched all these advertisments for anti aging this and that. What Im looking for is a product so I can hurry up the process in the opposite direction. I just want to fish every day. :eek:oooh: