Results From the Search for Hooks

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Tarheel, May 5, 2006.

1. Tarheel

Tarheel New Member

State:
    NC
    Great adivce everybody. Turns out the little bait store in Clemmons was only 2 miles from my house, and I never knew it was there.

I couldn't find the Gamaktsu Octopus Circle, so I opted for the Eagle Claw Octopus Circle hooks in 5/0 size. I tested them at the Rock today and I must say my hooked to bite ratio probably doubled or tripled. Great advice!

I also picked up some Gamaktsu Octopus hooks in the 5/0 size, but I opted to waited for my next trip to try these out.

2. striper

striper New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey. you don't happen to know if they had any goldfish yet????

ed...

3. Tarheel

Tarheel New Member

State:
    NC
    Sorry, I didn't ask about goldfish. I jumped in and out of there right about closing time....

4. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Wish I could have gotten hold of one or both of y'all this afternoon. I really wanted to take the pontoon down to High Rock and fish this evening/tonight and my other half isn't feeling up to it. Would have been happy to take ya along. Haven't found anyone that can go so I am sitting home wishing I was fishing :(

Hey Ed, a boy weighed in a 46# flat last Sunday morning. He caught it back fishing the other side of Tamarac up in fisherman's cove. He caught a couple in the 20s during the night and got the biggun that morning.

Maybe I will get to weigh one in like that one of these days...lol