results from a $157 wally world online garmin160C

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by ae_ted, Sep 26, 2009.

1. ae_ted

ae_ted Guest

results from garmin160c
    drove 50mi to ky lake to try it out and get the transducer adjusted on 14/ jon boat. Got there and took it out and !!!!! it would not work!! Crap another dud. Drove back to Paducah and bought another battery and fuses and go back to lake and try again. Success! amazing how a charged battery helps power a unit. Scooted around the lake(if you call scooting with a 6hp 14' boat "scooting". Adjusted the transducer and played with the unit. I LIKE the color as I was able to tell hard rocky bottom from soft bottom well. played with the gain a bit but still dont know much how that works. Tried out the dual range transducer and I think that will be a big help in the shallow lakes(under 8' deep) that I fish. Overall I thiknk i going to be happy with this. This is my very first experience with any type of fish finder...lot to learn.

2. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thanks for the report. Im gonna buy a fish finder soon, and I dont have a clue what to get? I did look at the Garmin though, its one out of three for the chooseing. Thanks again.

3. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    the best advice is time out on the water, when i first got my humminbird i left my rods in the car and just moved around the lake playin with the unit and seein what everything did. that beats tryin to figure out how it works while out fishin :wink:

4. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hello Ted and welcome to the BOC. Put the Garmin 160C on my boat this year and it fits my purposes to a tee. I use mine mainly for depth, holes, and structure on the river. Thermocline and bottoms are an added bonus for me and I'm still learning a lot about it's other features. It's inexpensive and it can be easily upgraded with available software. Hope you like yours as well as I like mine. Stay safe and stick a pig!!!:wink: