Restring a bow

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Grimpuppy, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Does anyone know anyone in the North Central Kansas area that can restring and tune a compound bow? I am sure I can find some place in Topeka or KC, but that is a 3 hour drive one way. Manhattan would be ideal, if anyone knows someone in that area that can do it.

2. channelman

channelman New Member

State:
    Linn Kansas
    I think there is one in Concordia. I will try to find a name and phone #.

3. channelman

channelman New Member

State:
    Linn Kansas
    His name is Ron Scott, his phone # is 785/243-1569. He also has a limited amount of trapping supplies.

4. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    there is a archery shop and range on HWY 24. It used to be hwy 24 auto sales.

5. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Jay, i know the head park ranger at Milford state park and he is a bow hunter.

I believe there is someone in Manhattan that does good work on Bows that he has talked about.
    It might be the same one Chris is talking about.
    I will call him tomorrow and get back to you.

6. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    Jay i looked it up and there is a archery shop in manhattan its called Kaw Valley Archery #785-539-0200. If that dont work here is a number to a range up there in Ft Riley and they might be able to help #785-784-6028. Then if that dont help try this guy in topeka he might be able to direct you to someone his name is Brian and he runs a archery shoot in topeka # 785-256-6740. I dont know any of them first hand but was able to get there numbers off of a website. Hope this helps you out. If you were closer to wichita i could help you out. I do all that stuff myself now.

7. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    This will be my first year bow hunting, so I am a little green at it. You guys have been a ton of help. I really appreaciate it.

8. johnliester

johnliester Active Member

State:
    Hoxie, Kansas
    Meiers sporting goods in Downs used to do all that kind of stuff.

9. Carp Killer

Carp Killer New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Good luck on your first year.If you are ever in the south east kansas area give me a holler and i'll put ya on some nice deer. I've got plent of hunting areas with stands allready set.Wellcome to the addiction!!