Restorerancientiron's Hobby

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by restorerancientiron, Oct 7, 2009.

1. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    With a name like this people wander exactly what ancient iron I restore.Well I enjoy working on old cars and trucks.The 1949-1951 Fords mainly.I got this hobby from my father , he has a 40 X 70 foot garage full of vintage car stuff.That is where I work on mine as well as we live less than a 1/4 mile apart.Rarely will he take in work for customers as he hates to be rushed.He doesn't advertise but if he knows someone he will try and help them out.Also I enjoy working on older tractors.We have completely restored a couple of 8N Fords and now I am rebuilding my 1971 4000 Ford diesel.We just got finished on a 1952 four door Oldsmobile for a friend and I thought that some may enjoy a few pictures while I explained what the name means.Thanks to all that inquired and if you have any questions concerning a 49-53 8BA Ford flatheads or cars just give me a shout.

Attached Files:

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

3. restorerancientiron

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    Here are a few more of the same car.

Attached Files:

4. restorerancientiron

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    That is ancient iron right there.A very desirable model as well .Back in the 70's metal recyclers would tow car crushers in these parts and crush vehicles on the spot.You can't find anything earlier than the late 40's around here.Only a very few old junkyards remain around here and they have almost been picked clean.Good luck on the sale I am sure it will go higher.

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Kooooolll!!

6. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Beautiful work brother . I am a Ford man myself . I like restoring old cars myself . I also rebuild engines and prefer the older motores . 289's 283's etc. The last one I done is in the garage its a 283 pumping 425 horses .

7. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Now that is one slick car. Thanks for sharing that with us!

8. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Sweeeeeeet, I love old cars. Hell of a job.

9. restorerancientiron

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    Thanks but the only thing we had to do to this one was sand down to the metal it was really a nice car to begin with.Its not hard at all when you don't have to weld in rockers and patch panels.The worst part was having all the rechroming done and puting it all back together.We have a guy in Tn. that does great work.I do like the color combination on that car it is the original color.

10. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Thats pretty neat.I sandblast alot of old vehicles and tractors at my shop.
    I also have a 51 ford truck that I traded for a few years ago its in pretty good shape..I need to either finish fixing it up or sale or trade it to someone that will.:big_smile:

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the pics. Great work Dennis. Look forward to seeing more.

12. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Dennis that is a sharp car course it being a gm product helped LOL

13. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    If I had a trailer to haul that I'd pick it up. I started driving in a 39 or 40 ford pickup. Didn't go too fast, but it got me around. I'll be passin thru OK in about a month too.