Restaurant stockholders rejects PETA

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by olefin, May 22, 2006.

1. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    For the 2nd year Applebee stockholders have rejected a proposal from PETA calling for a more humane way to kill chickens.

PETA wants them gassed to death before cutting their heads off!!
    Applebee's and other companies already stun them with electricity before killing.

The proposal got less than 5 percent of shareholder votes!

Way to go Applebee shareholders!

I bet it would make PETA sick to see me clean fish. :roll_eyes:

When I was a kid it was my job to catch and kill the chickens for lunch. I cut their heads off, I was a little small to do it like my dad or mom, they would wring them off. If we were killing a bunch to clean and sell to the grocery store I would hang them on the cloths line by the feet and cut their heads off with a knife. They bleed better and it's a lot cleaner.
    PETA wouldn't have liked us. :roll_eyes:

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    good for them....PETA should have stopped by my college house last year...5 guys who liked the outdoors. We had fish deer trueky and waterfowl...those were the days.

3. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Good for the Applebee shareholders.We need more people like that!
    Go Applebees
    :big_smile:

4. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Great for them to stand up to the world class idiots!!

5. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    :lol: :lol: :lol: Still laughing!!! DOES IT FREAKING MATTER??? I mean whats a few more seconds when you're going to lose your head, isnt like they have last rights or anything. Guess PETA would be horrified to see me at Papa's house when it was chicken cleaning time. Off with their heads! :tounge_out: Always did like fried chicken, guess thats the Southern Grl in me..haha.:wink:

6. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    it kills me how people like this have survived this long?
    Don't they know they are the top of the food chain?
    Don't they understand that animals have no souls?
    Come on! Read something that really educates.

7. catfishinrepoman

catfishinrepoman New Member

State:
    georgia
    whats funny is all these peta punks are against eating meat..so they are vegans..lol jokes on them cause now they are putting a dent in the food supply of their little animals...guess they should just quit eating huh?

by the way what do you call a vegan with diarrhea???????? salad shooter:lol:

8. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    good for applebees. we need more of them. that should be able to shut them PETA up for a bit. i hope i can do something in my community to educate youngens about how stupid the PETA is.

9. Aftercats

Aftercats New Member

State:
    Tennesse
    You know I am just amazed at how people with nothing but time on their hands waist their time. PETA is such a waist of time and energy! They have no idea what they are really doing and make no contribution to society! Where the people they bother are the one putting back into our resources. Sportsmen and Sportswomen contribute millions of dollars to put into the habitat and programs designed to enhance our resources to ensure that they are there for our childern to learn our sportsmen heritage. Do NOT LET THEM COME NEAR ME!

:embarassed::embarassed::embarassed::embarassed::crazy::crazy::crazy:

10. LarryS

LarryS New Member

State:
    Clinton,Il
    Vegetarian=Indian word meaning"Bad Fisherman"

11. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Keith,
    I'm not sure I really want to get into this and I am not a vegetarian or in any way against taking animals for food but if you have ever had a really good dog or a really good horse, one that you trust, and that trusts you you must surely not really believe animals have no soul. I think I know where you are coming from on this and I just don't know the truth of it but I feel there are some creatures that are just a cut above the others. This may make me a hypocrite and it may be that we try to give animals we get attached to more credit than we should but I ask you, if there is no difference beween a chicken and a dog, why is it we don't just take the dog out back and behead it when it gets sick. Just my opinion...W

12. No you don't. Coming from a dog person who loves his dogs like he does his kids. There is a HUGE difference between animal life and human life. As much as I love my hounds when it comes time to decide their fate due to illness, injury or maladjustment the thought of it's soul does not enter into the process. No beheadings here .22lr suffices.