Response from the mayor!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by soonercat, Apr 20, 2006.

1. soonercat

soonercat New Member

State:
    oOklahoma
    Shane...

Thanks for the note.
    FYI... We are working with the state wildlife commission and the fish
    and game commission to enhance bank fishing at Lake Hefner. The road is
    being closed because it was so rarely used. We hope to create something
    that will be more attractive to bank fishermen.

Thanks,

Mick

2. catfishinfordman

catfishinfordman New Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, O
    In other words we dont care if we @#$% up your fishing spot cause a rich golfer paid me to side with him.

Sign the mayor LOL

3. catfishcrazyjr

catfishcrazyjr New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    aint that the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i would like to know where thay get the "never used" from i fish up and down that road every time i go out there it is a great place to catch wallyes.

4. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    That's just sad. All the mayer does is sit in his air conditioned office, and close things, and twiddles his thumbs.

5. soonercat

soonercat New Member

State:
    oOklahoma
    Yep,whats sad is that he is in all probability going to be a U.S. congressman representing Oklahoma.

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I think he is not really qualified to represent an Oklahoma out house. And for the information of the Yankee's which read this response, we do still have and use out houses.

7. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    dont stop the emails fellows . just keep his in box filled up the same with the rest of the city daddys . it wont stop it but it might make him concerned about his voters. im going to answer him out of spite. he lost my vote for whatever its not worth . now im madddd . i know a folk or 2 that are fighting him any:mad: ways

8. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Nobody uses that road! Ha! Half the audience at the meeting were fisherman. They were there to say they fish the dang road. He knows that isnt the truth.

9. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    First of all, let me say that I'm not a politician and I really don't have any aspirations. I believe that most of them start out with good intentions but get pretty tempered along the way.

With that said, I have seen this mayor stick up for us before. He had a city ordinance changed to allow smaller boats on city lakes, for fisherman. If you look at his email, there is a lot of wiggle room in there. First of all, we can prove his statement incorrect simply by emailing him to tell him that we use that road. Send him a polite email telling him how dissapointed you are that the road was closed and that you used it quite a bit. Don't get him mad or it won't matter how many of us email him. Second, in your email, thank him for working with ODWC on our behalf. Ask him to be specific about the projects and recommendations.

Remember, these guys don't do things like we do. They are concerned mostly with what will put them in the best light with the most people. So we need to be politely vocal and remind them that we count, too. All of the political stuff is mostly a game, you just need to figure out how to play it right. Hang in there, we are headed down the right path.