Respecting others

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by iviecatman, Mar 31, 2008.

1. iviecatman

iviecatman New Member

State:
    texas
    Everyone has their own favorite methods and baits for catching catfish. I value my time in the outdoors, I love catching all species of catfish and will support anyone that fishes legally in his/her endevor even though I may not care for it. I even support those that wish to fish for other species of fish and hunt our various game animals. To declare what someone is doing by calling it unsporting is wrong. It may be that you simply enjoy a method that you consider more challenging. Most of us evolve as we continue to hunt and fish. Some deer hunters will use a rifle all their lives while others move to different methods going to black powder then to compound bow and finally to recurve.
    I have heard some fishermen complain about the way some people clean their fish. They caught 'em, it's their fish, it's their business how they clean them.
    Personally I'm glad that so many people consider catfish to be a waste of their time. I love being able to go out on my home lake on a winter afternoon and many times be the only person on the water.

2. mmuckleroy

mmuckleroy New Member

State:
    Texas
    Jay, good post I myself changed myn hunting habits. I use to love to dear hunt. Now I just love to watch them. Still love to hunt squirrels. Its hard to say why people have to complain about thing other people do. :roll_eyes:

3. wiskerkitty61

wiskerkitty61 New Member

State:
    texas
    A wonderful post Jay !

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the BOC. I couldn't agree more. I eat my share and turn just as many loose. But its not my place to judge someone for their technique.

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Jay.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Great post and..... Welcome to the BOC Jay!!!:big_smile:

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I needed that and couldn't agree more. Welcome to the BOC.Reps to ya jay,thanks

8. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Very good post. You know what they say, Different strokes for different folks.

9. mmccalli

mmccalli New Member

State:
    Texas
    That is an awesome post. I am a pretty avid bass tournament fisherman. I get a lot of junk for trot lines and jugs. I will tell you what though I have caught some decent bass in my life, but there is nothing like runnin a 20 pounder in on a jug or battlin a fish on a trotline. I can't tell you how many minds I have changed once I get the striclty bass guys out there. Catfishing is not only a hobby of mine, but it is a heritage passed down through the generations. Again thank you for the great post.

10. i got'em

i got'em New Member

State:
    tx
    i guess we all getting up on this topic calli you're right catfishing is'nt for everybody we all have diffrent desires bass folks like to stand up all day, move around and fish we just like to find a spot throw our lines and kick back wait for that good bite.
    but in the meantime i have good conversation with my boy and girlfriend!!
    even if i dont catch i had a good day...oh yeah and it is passed down through generations